Palo Alto Networks
At Palo Alto Networks® everything starts and ends with our mission:
Being the cybersecurity partner of choice, protecting our digital way of life.
We have the vision of a world where each day is safer and more secure than the one before. These aren't easy goals to accomplish - but we're not here for easy. We're here for better. We are a company built on the foundation of challenging and disrupting the way things are done, and we're looking for innovators who are as committed to shaping the future of cybersecurity as we are.
In this role, you will provide post sales technical support to Palo Alto Networks End User Customers via phone, e-mail, and web. Strong fault isolation and root cause analysis skills are essential to diagnose and solve complex technical issues and provide timely solutions to customers in a professional manner. Regularly updating support cases to record the progress of calls in the call tracking system and documenting technical solutions and product information in the knowledge base is required.
* Provide Technical Support to customers, partners by phone, e-mail and in person
* Work directly with ETAC and Software Engineering to get customer problems resolved
* Have a thorough understanding of the Software release and bug cycles
* Able to isolate root cause for product defects and Reproduce customer issues in the lab
* Works on complex issues where analysis of situations or data requires an in-depth evaluation of variable factors. Exercises judgment in selecting methods, techniques and evaluation criteria for obtaining results
* Networks with key contacts outside own area of expertise. Regularly participate in technical discussions with multi-functional teams
* Publish Technical Support Bulletins, provide content technical review for Knowledge Base as well as contribute to customer-facing forums and other technical documentation
* Manage technical critical issues & own complex cases
* Able to conduct multi-vendor troubleshooting
* Develop into Domain expert
* Has visibility across the entire organization; leadership is recognized across the organization
* Take part in the 24x7 Follow the Sun on-call shift rotation
* Long term experience related to the position is required; typically, 5-8 years of relevant experience
* Able to effectively communicate to all levels and partners - internally and externally on complex technical issues
* In-depth understanding of Networking concepts and experience with multi-vendor networking devices such as routers, switches, firewalls, traffic generators etc.
* Experience with Cisco, Checkpoint, Juniper (Netscreen), Fortinet is a plus.
* Expert in Routing and Switching protocols (e.g. OSPF, BGP, VLAN, STP).
* Expertise with Remote Access VPN solutions, IPSEC, PKI & SSL, TCP/IP, Authentication Protocols (LDAP, RADIUS etc.)
* Experience with Firewall Central Management Systems
* Experience working with multi-factor authentication security system (tokens, certificates, CAC cards, and similar)
* Experience with Windows and MAC OS is a plus (Debugging, Editing Registries, Plist etc.)
* Able to independently debug broad, complex and unique networks with mixed media and protocols
* Industry Certifications a plus
* Ability to work independently, as well as contributing as a teammate
Our technical support team is critical to our success and mission. As part of this team, you enable customer success by providing support to clients after they have purchased our products. Our dedication to our customers doesn't stop once they sign - it just evolves. Our technical team provides the behind-the-scenes support to meet our customer's needs. As threats and technology evolve, we stay in step to accomplish our mission. You'll be involved in implementing new products, transitioning from old products to new, and will fix integrations and critical issues as they are raised - in fact, you'll seek them out to ensure our clients are safely supported. We fix and identify technical problems, with a pointed focus of providing the best customer support in the industry.
We're a fast-growing, immensely successful organization because of our people and products (built and supported by our people). We work the frontlines against cyberthreats and attacks, protecting everyday transactions in the digital environment. It means we're good at scaling quickly to new threats, get fulfillment from resolving new problems, and think about things just plain differently.
We're trailblazers that dream big, take risks, and challenge cybersecurity's status quo. It's simple: we can't accomplish our mission without diverse teams innovating, together. To learn more about our dedication to inclusion and innovation, visit our Life at Palo Alto Networks page and our diversity website.
Palo Alto Networks is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity in our workplace, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or other legally protected characteristics.
Additionally, we are committed to providing reasonable accommodations for all qualified individuals with a disability. If you require assistance or an accommodation due to a disability or special need, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
About Palo Alto Networks
Palo Alto Networks is a company providing cybersecurity solutions that protect organizations across clouds, networks, and mobile devices.