Job posting title
Technical Support Agent
DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Answer and address all incoming support calls from customers; both internal and external.
* Answer and address incoming web chats, emails and voicemails from customers.
* Take ownership of each issue assigned and effectively bring it to resolution or escalation.
* Own and follow through on all requests for support from customers; both internal and external.
* Ensure complete resolution of issue(s) in order to prevent customers having to call back.
* Assist customers with basic program setup and administrative issues.
* Effectively troubleshoot, resolve and properly document support calls and cases.
* Work closely with other departments to resolve outstanding issues.
* Assist in documenting solutions for our Knowledgebase for training and information purposes.
* Perform remote analysis and diagnosis of customer issues and recommend and/or implement corrective solutions.
* Assist with identifying, troubleshooting and cleaning of viruses and/or malware within customer's operating environment.
* Provide backup phone/case/voicemail/chat support for other teams when necessary.
* Document and present technical support and/or training material to internal customers - i.e. Customer Care , Sales, etc.
* Work closely with the Product Management, Quality Assurance, Research, and Knowledgebase teams to test, investigate, and document all aspects of existing and upcoming products.
* Project a positive attitude and be a mentor for other employees.
* Maintain a favorable image of ESET when interfacing with outside sources.
* Accurately record and submit timesheets and paid time off requests.
* Accurately track, log and otherwise tag support requests using the approved CRM, and/or other management approved tools.
* Ensure the successful onboarding of new, recently renewed, or upgraded partners, partner customers and direct customers.
* Ensure customer needs are met by ensuring customer awareness of relevant ESET products and services when appropriate.
* Provide excellent support by ensuring customers are aware of products and services relevant to their needs as identified during the support interaction.
* Effectively collect and submit relevant data to appropriate groups for analysis. Based on findings follow up with customers regarding ticket statuses in a timely manner.
* Document and report all escalated issues to appropriate groups. (i.e. weekly report)
* Communicate escalated and trending issues to other Customer Care Teams .
* Submit and maintain escalated/trending content within SharePoint sites.
* Test and replicate reported issues in test environment then report/document findings and results.
* Serve as Primary Contact and Subject Matter Expert for ESET Technical Alliance Partners as needed.
* Assist in creating and delivering internal processes and documentation to internal customers.
KEY TECHNICAL SKILLS, QUALIFICATIONS and EDUCATION:
* Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or four-year related degree highly desired.
* A+ certification is required. Additional certifications including Network+, Security+ or Microsoft Desktop Support Engineer/Microsoft Certified Professional (MCP) certifications are highly desired.
* 2+ years of technical support experience in the software industry is desired, including but not limited to: malware handling, troubleshooting, and diagnosis experience.
* Network infrastructure experience or knowledge (i.e. switches, routers, firewalls, etc).
* Knowledge of DNS, DHCP, AD, Group Policy.
* Ability to communicate with administrators of large private business and government systems with confidence and authority.
* Ability to work multiple projects and tasks simultaneously in an efficient manner.
JR-01038 Technical Support Agent (Open)
Number of openings