OVERVIEW OF THE COMPANY
Under the FOX banner, we produce and distribute content through some of the world's leading and most valued brands, including: FOX News, FOX Sports, the Fox Network, and the FOX Television Stations. We empower a diverse range of creators to imagine and develop culturally significant content, while building an organization that thrives on creative ideas, operational expertise and strategic thinking.
FOX Security provides security services throughout FOX and around the world. We are looking to expand our team with a new member who is organized, intuitive, and is a collaborative problem-solver with the ability to be effective in a dynamic and fast-paced environment.
As Technical Supervisor of Security Systems at FOX, you will provide and assist with project management, technical field support and supervision of FOX's electronic security systems based in Los Angeles. This will include enterprise access controls systems, intrusion alarm systems, duress alarms, IP and analog CCTV, security intercom and low voltage control systems. You will also be charged with supervision and evaluation of vendors and contracted technicians.
A SNAPSHOT OF YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES
* Primary Responsibilities
* System installation, service, maintenance, and testing
* Liaise with other Fox departments (facilities and trades) as required
* New security technology testing and evaluation
* Project management support
* Supervising, coordinating and scheduling contracted security technicians
* Basic understanding of security systems
* Security Systems Required Skill sets
* AXIS and Milestone CCTV cameras as well as the ability to install/service all CCTV imaging equipment
* CCTV support equipment, i.e. housings, mounts, lenses, IR illuminators etc.(both analog and digital video recording systems)
* Fiber optic video transmitters and receivers; coaxial and IP cable systems
* Enterprise-class access control systems, specifically Lenel
* All peripheral access control related equipment, i.e. RTEX, contacts, electrified door hardware; vehicle entry systems, i.e. barrier arms, bollards, etc.
* Intrusion, duress, vault, mechanical, environmental, sump alarm systems with an advanced understanding of Bosch, Napco and DMP
* Wireless Burglar applications, fiber optic data transmission systems and security intercom systems
* The ability to read and understand electronic schematics, construction drawings (blueprints) and documents
* Thorough knowledge of construction techniques, i.e. carpentry, framing, masonry, plumbing, electrical, etc.
* Knowledge of NFPA, ADA, UBC, UL, and general security industry standards
* Knowledge of TCP/IP networking communications
WHAT YOU WILL NEED
* 5 years of experience in the low voltage security field in commercial environment.
* Other suggested qualifications and training include, but are not limited to:
* High school diploma or equivalency test
* Formal electronic and/or electrical systems training
* Experience coordinating with other trades
* Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (including Visio and Project) and Adobe Acrobat
* Ability to remain flexible and adapt to new environments with strong problem-solving abilities
* Capable of decision making under pressure
* Ability to meet deadlines with minimal supervision with attention to detail and quality assurance
* Experience in project change documentation
* Must be a team player with the ability to negotiate effectively in order to achieve objectives
* Strong verbal communication skills
* LENEL OnGuard Hardware & Software Certification
* Axis Communications' Academy Network Video Fundamentals
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with applicable law.