Rockstar San Diego is seeking a Technical QA Test Analyst to join our Online Services team.
Successful candidates will help the QA team and work with online services, analytics, game development, and the global QA organization to ensure that reliable and high-quality online and backend services are delivered and maintained throughout development. As QA staff, you will create and refine test plans to ensure increasingly thorough test coverage, will provide the latest testing status of features in development, and will collaborate closely with the extended team to deliver world-class online features and services.
* Build or extend test automation frameworks for online services.
* Create and refine test plans for a wide range of online services and extensions of game features utilizing the backend servers for multiple game projects.
* Diagnose code and logs to determine root cause of issues in development and production environments.
* Track history of end-to-end test planning and collaborating closely with development teams to generate and execute on those plans.
* Increase awareness of feature issues that require extra attention.
* Assist in certification and signoff that features are ready for release at different development stages.
* Continuously make improvements to the testing process to make it more efficient and effective.
* Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related field or equivalent experience (preferably technical discipline).
* 3+ years of experience testing highly complex web applications or services.
* Familiar with a myriad of testing methodologies such as test-driven development, unit testing, compatibility testing, user experience testing, performance testing, integration testing, and traditional regression testing.
* Experience with gray box, white box and various automation test methods.
* Closely familiar with the software development cycles and version control.
* Experience with bug management, tracking and reporting programs (i.e. TestTrack Pro, JIRA, Bugzilla).
* Experience in a software engineering role with a highly complex and large consumer-based software product or online service.
* Proficient in developing and executing unit tests.
* Shipped game titles on Playstation, Xbox and/or PC.