Forcepoint is transforming cybersecurity by focusing on what matters most: understanding people's intent as they interact with critical data and intellectual property wherever it resides. Our uncompromising systems enable companies to empower employees with unobstructed access to confidential data while protecting intellectual property and simplifying compliance. Based in Austin, Texas, Forcepoint supports more than 20,000 organizations worldwide. For more about Forcepoint, visit www.Forcepoint.com and follow us on Twitter at @ForcepointSec.
Forcepoint is seeking a qualified project manager responsible for leading project activities for product implementation, working closely with stakeholders across the organization to deliver timely and high-quality software products that align with business goals. The candidate will support the company's strategy to develop an improved project management process and implement the tactics associated with that philosophy and vision. This person will possess the ability to introduce and implement new processes that optimize development workflow, and may need to do so in a variety of methodologies including Scrum, Kanban and Waterfall. The candidate will serve as a primary liaison between product management and engineering and be experienced in managing all aspects of the software development lifecycle.
The project manager will be expected to develop schedules, illicit and develop software system requirements, identify and mitigate risks, collaborate with key stakeholders, and execute multiple projects in accordance with the terms and conditions of that project. This person must be able to work in a self-directed environment without guidance on day-to-day tasks.
* Provide routine status and project reports to project stakeholders including product management, senior management, engineering and co-workers as required.
* Work with development and product management to determine scope of releases and roadmaps, and provide outputs to make that information visible to team members and stake holders.
* Size and forecast releases
* Work breakdown into features, epics, user stories, etc.
* Responsible for the development and implementation of project plans and schedules.
* Develop project document deliverables such as software system requirements, accreditation documentation, release notes, etc.
* Manage all aspects of the software development lifecycle using JIRA and Confluence.
* Optimize usage of Jira practices to increase visibility, workflow and tracking.
* Remain current in Project Management, SDLC best practices including agile, and IT technology.
* Identify process improvements and manage the implementation of them to development teams.
Required Skills & Experience
* Minimum of four years of experience in software project management/scrum master role
* Expert in Jira and Confluence
* Experience writing software requirements and user stories.
* Strong knowledge of software development lifecycle methodologies including agile scrum/ Kanban or scrumban, waterfall.
* Must be capable of serving as a leader and subject matter expert on process.
* Must be able to install and test enterprise systems.
* Must be able to quickly grasp complex technical topics involved in projects and successfully communicate them in verbal and written form to project participants.
* Must be able to work with a team to define concrete goals and targets when provided with an abstract vision.
* Qualified applicants may be subject to a security investigation and must meet minimum qualifications for access to classified information. U.S. Citizenship is required.
* Desired Skills:
* Networking knowledge preferred.
* Experience working on government contracts preferred.
* PMP and SCM certification is desired.
* Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, Engineering, Information Systems Management, or other related field is required. Equivalent experience may be accepted in lieu of a degree.