At Cisco Meraki, we know that technology can connect, empower, and drive us. Our mission is to simplify technology so our customers can focus on what's most meaningful to them: their students, patients, customers, and businesses. We're making networking easier, faster, and smarter with technology that simply works.
Meraki is seeking an experienced Program Manager with a consistent track record of planning and executing complex projects under demanding timelines for the Wireless Software Development Team. In this role, you will be responsible for driving multiple aspects of project planning including feature/roadmap definition, scheduling and resource allocation of the software development efforts for our Cloud-based Wireless/Networking Devices. You will ensure clear communication of key deliverables across cross-functional teams including Hardware, Software, Product Management, and Support.
* Own overall software development schedule, identify execution risks and critical paths.
* Effectively communicate schedule, responsibilities, key developments and overall project status to cross-functional teams.
* Collaborate with engineering leads and other program managers to drive execution of committed plan.
* Facilitate meetings across cross-functional teams (Firmware, Dashboard, External vendors, Hardware etc.), draft meeting notes, and follow-up on action items to drive open issues to conclusion.
* Build good working relationships with key partners and drive execution through conflicts.
You are ideal for this role if you have:
* Bachelors or higher degree in Electrical Engineering/Computer Science or related technical field.
* Must have a minimum of 4-8 years of product, project or program management experience leading complex SW releases.
* Strong understanding of software development processes. Excellent communication, interpersonal and presentation skills.
* Experience working with project planning tools (Excel, Gantt charts, Jira, Confluence, Google Docs).
* Well versed in Agile Project Management processes. Should be able to deal well with rapid changes, and feel comfortable navigating uncertain/ambiguous situations.
* Prior experience working on one or more areas such as embedded software, cloud networking, TCP/IP or Wi-Fi based products.
Bonus points for any of the following:
* Previous Technical Program Management experience (Networking and/or Wireless).
* Previous Software Engineering experience (Networking and/or Wireless).
* PMP Certification is a plus.
Cisco is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected basis. Cisco will consider for employment, on a case by case basis, qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.