Amazon operates the largest e-commerce platform in the world and this requires massive investment in compute infrastructure, utilizing cutting-edge software engineering practices, and around the clock support from engineering staff. Our organization includes well known Amazon features such as Customer Reviews/Ratings, Amazon Smile, Lists, Product Content, Navigation, as well as Images and Information displayed on the Detail Page and Home Pages of Amazon apps and sites. In addition, we own personalization for the customer experience based on behavior using Machine Learning Algorithms that run on massive amounts of distributed data, Consumer Marketing which uses targeted Advertising using data aggregation, data mining and Mobile Shopping, which has to deliver high quality applications across multiple mobile platforms.
We are Consumer Engagement Engineer Excellence (CE3), an engineering team that enables infrastructure and operational efficiency with automation and tools.
We're looking for a Technical Program Manager who is passionate about implementing technical solutions to drive efficiency for maximum impact. This role will work directly with technical teams across the organization that operate complex tier one services to develop technical requirements in support of optimization projects. Other responsibilities include daily scrum management, sprint grooming, executive and internal partner communication, process design documentation including workflow diagrams, and analyzing unstructured data. As the Technical Program Manager for Infrastructure Engineering Excellence you will lead the deep dive with technical experts on internal Amazon tools and AWS technologies to identify optimization opportunities for hundreds of different technical implementations. The goal of the team is to model the best engineering practices at Amazon and help systems run faster while saving Amazon millions each year. You will collect stakeholder and customer requirements, define features that will be used company-wide, and assign development tasks to the team of engineers. You will have the opportunity to learn how Amazon Retail systems scales using key AWS technologies like EC2, S3, DynamoDB, RedShift, and Lambda. You will find, document and evangelize best practices across the organization.
The successful candidate will be a strong, experienced technical program manager who can drive continuous technology improvements across the company. This energetic candidate will help us "get better together" by instilling engineering efficiencies through educating and rewarding teams on how to incorporate best practices into their daily work. Working alongside with peers and technologists across the company, you will partner to deep dive and understand what's hard about operating efficiently in Amazon's unique environment. The systems you build will influence the operations of hundreds of teams and thousands of services.
* Drive Technical Deep Dive Sessions and Document Analysis
* Identify common patterns on efficiency opportunities across the organization to drive new feature development
* Evangelize and communicate tools and best practices across the company
* Manage execution for feature development across a distributed team of engineers in Seattle and India, this includes running scrums
* Run campaigns that require technical support for customers and provide deep dive consultations and data validation
* Work closely with partner teams to understand their business, architecture, process and analyze operational pain points.
* Come up with innovative common technical solutions to remove manual repetitive tasks across teams.
* Contribute content for weekly and monthly operational reviews with partner teams and executives.
Provide Executive and internal partner communication with goal status, project updates, and risks
If you are interested in making a difference, come join our team. We've been waiting for you!
Amazon is a company operating a marketplace for consumers, sellers, and content creators.