The purpose of this work is to acquire an integrated hardware solution and professional Information Technology (IT) services for providing secure, highly available, enterprise HPC services, systems architecture, integration, and consulting services to clients served by the customer.
* The Technical Program manager (TPM) will be responsible for organizing, directing, and managing all aspects of contract operational support functions involving multiple complex and inter-related project tasks that often require managing teams of contractor personnel at multiple locations.
* The TPM will provide overall direction of program activities and manage and maintain contractor interface with the senior levels of the customer's organization.
* The TPM will also consult with customer and contractor personnel to formulate and review task plans and deliverables, ensuring conformance with program and project task schedules and costs and contractual obligations.
* The TPM will establish and maintain technical and financial reports to show progress of projects to management and customers, organize and assign responsibilities to subordinates, oversee the successful completion of all assigned tasks, and assume the initiative and provide support to marketing personnel in identifying and acquiring potential business.
* The TPM serves as the Contractor's authorized interface with the Contracting Officer's Representative (COR), government management personnel and customer agency representatives.
* The TPM is solely responsible for formulating and enforcing work standards, assigning contractor schedules, reviewing work discrepancies, supervising contractor personnel and communicating policies, purposes, and goals of the organization to subordinates and subcontractors.
* Responsible for the overall contract performance.
* The TPM will also organize, direct, and coordinate planning of all contract support activities.
* This position reports to the Chief, Scientific Computing Branch
* Bachelors and fourteen (14) years or more of related experience; Masters and twelve (12) years or more of related experience; PhD and nine (9) years or more of related experience. The degree should be in a scientific or engineering discipline.
* Minimum of five years' experience as a program manager on a large-scale federal program.
* Minimum 1 year demonstrable familiarity in managing software development via tools such as JIRA, GitHub, Slack, VivifyScrum etc.
* 1 year previous program management experience with HPC - High Performance Computing Technologies vendor products such as those from Dell EMC, HPE, DDN, Cray and IBM required
* 5 years' experience program management in Networks, Telecommunications, and/or Data Center required in integrated hardware solution and professional Information Technology (IT) services for providing secure, highly available, enterprise HPC services, systems architecture, integration, and consulting services to clients served by the customer.
* Experience with improvements, optimization or maintenance efforts in the following specialties: information systems architecture, networking, telecommunications, automation, communication protocols, risk management/electronic analysis, software, lifecycle management, software development methodologies, and modeling and simulation.
* Experience in IT and in new and related older technology that directly relates to the required area of expertise.
* Must be able to obtain a public trust security clearance.
SAIC is a premier technology integrator, solving our nation's most complex modernization and systems engineering challenges across the defense, space, federal civilian, and intelligence markets. Our robust portfolio of offerings includes high-end solutions in systems engineering and integration; enterprise IT, including cloud services; cyber; software; advanced analytics and simulation; and training. We are a team of 23,000 strong driven by mission, united purpose, and inspired by opportunity. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $6.5 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For information on the benefits SAIC offers, see Working at SAIC. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability