Technical Program Manager - AWS Data Platform
Are you ready to shift your career to the next level? Can you be a driving force to develop Data Platform solutions for a world-class business intelligence platform powered by AWS big data services? The faint of heart need not apply.
Each day, thousands of developers make hundreds of billions of transactions worldwide on our cloud. Almost all of them are harnessing the power of Amazon Web Services (AWS) to enable innovative applications, websites, and businesses. All these transactions need to be stored for analysis and reporting.
Amazon Web Services is seeking an outstanding Technical Program Manager to join the AWS Data Platform team. Amazon.com has a culture of data-driven decision-making, and demands business intelligence that is timely, accurate, and actionable. The AWS Data Platform team's mission is to help customers to see and understand their use of the AWS Cloud. We collect and process billions of usage transactions every day into actionable information in the Data Platform and make it available to our internal service owners to analyze their business and make decisions.
We are truly leading the way to disrupt the data industry. We are accomplishing this vision by leveraging new database services offerings like EMR, Glue, Lake Formation, Athena, Redshift and other AWS services, combined with a distributed data platform architecture. This is an opportunity where the successful candidate will be working on cutting-edge technologies, shape and build AWS' data platform and supporting systems.
If you are someone with a strong technical background who is also passionate about delighting customers, this is the team for you.
* Experience working on multiple projects with different stakeholders, make data driven decisions and judgment.
* Create detailed functional specifications that meet the business needs of AWS teams and balance business priorities vs. technical constraints.
* Define and maintain a product roadmap that optimally balances business priorities, implementation cost, and project risk.
* Drive and track the entire software life cycle, from requirements through design, implementation, testing, and deployment.
* Provide effective written and verbal status updates on the product roadmap. Have strong communication skills to interact with executives, non-technical and technical individuals.
* Proactively identify and resolve issues that may impair the team's ability to meet strategic, roadmap, financial, and/or technical goals.
* Align key internal and external partners to ensure scalable solutions and excellence in execution.
For more information on Amazon Web Services, please visit http://aws.amazon.com
Amazon is a company operating a marketplace for consumers, sellers, and content creators.