At Carta, we're building the technology to track ownership at a global level. We help companies understand who owns different parts of a company, whether shares, options, or other securities on the company's cap table. Likewise, we also empower employees, venture capitalists, fund managers, and other asset owners to view and manage their ownership holdings on the platform. As a Technical Program Manager at Carta, you will help us on this mission to create more informed owners everywhere. It's a big, audacious task.
Technical Program Managers at Carta drive cross-functional projects across multiple product areas. They leverage a multifaceted toolkit of skills including leadership, communication, collaboration, analytics, and critical-thinking skills. Carta TPMs leverage their software or systems engineering experience to help our business and development teams solve problems and deliver solutions.
* Cross-functional: TPMs lead and coordinate development efforts between internal business and development teams. They ensure that Carta's business needs are translated into technology requirements. They drive execution (planning, coordination, project management) of technology projects from ideation through launch.
* Strategic: TPMs anticipate bottlenecks, weigh the costs and benefits of various solutions, forecast delivery timelines, and balance business needs with technical constraints. They provide crucial oversight and insight across projects.
* Communicators: By nature of their position, TPMs must be strong communicators across multiple stakeholders. They translate information from technical team members to business counterparts. When problems arise, they feel comfortable escalating them to the proper stakeholders and identifying actionable solutions.
* Collaborators: TPMs partner with engineering, product, and business leadership to build highly collaborative teams and facilitate compromises across teams and stakeholders.
* Think big and small: TPMs look for scalable solutions that can move entire parts of organization, rather than just one team or a few. They understand our large, interconnected projects and cross-product dependencies deeply. While TPMs can manage projects at a high level across teams, they can also help individuals and teams deconstruct problems into smaller solvable solutions.
* Data and impact driven: TPMs identify metrics that quantify success. They use those metrics to understand team and project impact. Furthermore, they are constantly looking for the projects and solutions that deliver the highest impact and value for the company.
* Comfortable navigating ambiguity: TPMs know when they or their teams are stuck. They gather information, mediate hard conversations, and identify a path forward that others can confidently follow.
* 3-5 years of Technical Program Management experience in an Internet-related program or applications environment (or equivalent)
* Experience working with internal stakeholders on complex, multi-functional engineering projects.
* Experience presenting business and technology concepts with data to decision makers
* Skilled in SQL and hands on experience working with business intelligence tools (e.g. Looker, etc.)
* B.S. or M.S. in Engineering, Computer Science, or other technical field
* Certified Scrum Master with 2+ experience in running scrums, sprint grooming & planning, and reviewing agile project metrics
* Working knowledge of Python and Django
Carta is creating the ownership network that maps the world's assets. Check out who we are and how we work here.
At Carta we want to create an environment for Carta's owners - you - to do your best work, by offering competitive benefits and perks:
We are committed to WELLNESS:
* Health, dental, vision, and life insurance
* Competitive PTO and unlimited sick time
We are committed to INVESTING IN YOUR FUTURE:
* 401k matching program
We are committed to A SUPPORTIVE WORK ENVIRONMENT:
* Commuter benefits
* Catered lunch and unlimited snacks
* Cell phone stipend
We are committed to LIFELONG LEARNING:
* Unlimited reimbursement for work related books
* Fast paced work environment geared towards professional growth
Carta is backed by many of the best investors in the world, including Social Capital (Slack, Intercom, Box), Union Square Ventures (Twitter, Twilio, Coinbase), Menlo Ventures (Uber, Warby Parker), Spark Capital (Oculus VR, Slack, Cruise Automation), Meritech Capital (GoFundMe, Looker, Snowflake), and Tribe Capital.