Alteryx is revolutionizing data analytics by providing a complete end to end, self-service platform that allows users to get from business questions to business answers at incredible speeds. Why work for just any analytics company? At Alteryx, we are explorers, dreamers and innovators. We're on a journey to build the best analytics platform in the world, but we can't do it without people like you, leading the way. Forget the stereotypical tech companies of the past. Embrace the unconventional, exercise your imagination and help alter the future with Alteryx!
We're looking for a Technical Product Manager to help drive the tactical execution efforts for Alteryx Designer. The Designer allows analysts and data scientists alike to prep, blend and analyze their data and build analytics apps, dashboards and models to share with others. A successful Technical Product Manager will focus on translating the business value of product initiatives into functional features and user stories, will work day-to-day with the Designer development teams to deliver business value, and will drive new features from ideation thru successful delivery.
* Work with one or more development teams to organize and manage large scope projects from initial design concept through life cycle of products; participate in team ceremonies including stand-ups, story refinements and team retrospectives, to align the team towards a successful delivery cycle.
* Collaborate with Product Managers to understand Designer goals; help prioritize initiatives supporting those goals and communicate their business value.
* Work with development team leaders to drive the planning process; facilitate the kick off process to break initiatives into feature and user story-level requirements; ensure development efforts meet business requirements and timelines; decision-maker for user-facing functionality.
* Responsible for maintaining a prioritized feature backlog and communicating priorities to the Development Team.
* Responsible for feature and user story acceptance, where features or stories have customer-facing value.
* Manage successful delivery of features defined in the product roadmap with respective teams throughout the development life cycle; keep management and others informed.
* Help to identify, manage and communicate initiative and feature risks and dependencies across multiple teams.
* Primary point of contact for inward-facing stakeholders (i.e. development, QA, UX, technical writing and all supporting teams) regarding the value of initiatives and relationship to product vision.
* Focus on delivering quality features; collaborate with QA by approving test plans; respond to feedback via the Alteryx Beta Program.
* 3+ years of Product Management or equivalent experience in the enterprise software industry.
* Demonstrated success defining and launching exciting software products.
* Domain expertise in data visualization (i.e. smart data profiling, interactive charting, dashboarding, reporting) is a big plus.
* Detail oriented with critical thinking skills - ability to break down initiative-level requirements into feature and story attribute level details.
* Project management skills; ability to manages multiple projects simultaneously; strategic thinking with ability to build strong working relationships across organizational teams in a fast paced and changing environment.
* Effective documentation skills with ability to articulate technical information and influence cross-functional teams.
Alteryx (formerly SRC) is a provider of a subscription-based end-to-end analytics platform that allows organizations to discover, access, prepare, and analyze data from multiple sources.