Active TS/SCI clearance required to be considered for this position.
The position is located in Arlington, Virginia supporting the Defense Threat Reduction Agency (DTRA RD-TT) Integrated Signatures Program (ISP). Applicant will provide Technical Integration Support to government Research and Development (R&D) Science and Technology (S&T) clients. Applicant will draft programmatic documents, identify system integration requirements, review software designs and technical proposals, research and develop technical writings, perform systems integration analysis, and conduct studies and/or technical reviews to document system integration standard operating procedures and best practices. Position requires applicant to possess an active TS/SCI Security Clearance.
Essential Job Functions:
* Conduct research and evaluate current and future state of software systems and applications relevant to the ISP mission, Provide assessments, recommendations, and requirements of software applications and tools that support the ISP mission.
* Provide analysis that supports the understanding and development of counter-threat measures against current and evolving improvised threat systems.
* Provide improvised and counter-improvised threat expertise by answering signatures related Requests for Information (RFI).
* Translate operational needs into software requirements to support ISP signatures applications and tools.
* Provide schedules for planning, coordination, support, and implementation of ISP deliverables, collection events, and signature applications and tools as required.
* Draft Technical and Requirements Documents; brief finished products as required.
* Prepares product reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information and trends.
* Maintains R&D compliance in accordance with federal and state regulations.
* Collaborate with government and industry partners to assist in the design, development, or integration of ISP software applications and tools.
* Performs other duties as required.
* Works well independently or as part of a group
* Ability to research current, emerging, or anticipatory improvised threat issues with a technical perspective and present findings to management
* Ability to identify problems and solutions and effectively communicate them to supervisor
* Ability to gain and apply knowledge and understanding of Signature Databases and Software Applications
* Previous Technical Writing experience in DOD or IC
* Experience with Microsoft tools (SharePoint, PowerPoint, excel, word)
* Ability to write technical reports to present to leadership and management
* Ability to delegate tasks and activities, as necessary, to members of group
* Contact with the customer/provide customer support (may be internal or external customer)
* Excellent and effective interpersonal and communication skills
* Bachelor's degree from accredited university or institution
* Degree Desired:
* Master's degree from an accredited university or institution
* Professional Program Management Certification (PMP) or equivalent
* Required: Active TS/SCI
* Required: 5-8 years' professional experience in DOD or IC Preferred experience with radar, spectroscopy, acoustics, chemical weapons and/or infrared imagery
* Preferred experience with improvised threats or improvised threat systems
Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer"This contractor and subcontractor shall abide by the requirements of 41 CFR 60741.5(a). This regulation prohibits discrimination against qualified individuals on the basis of disability, and requires affirmative action by covered prime contractors and subcontractors to employ and advance in employment qualified individuals with disabilities."