We are looking for a Technical Data Engineer Lead to lead the development of consumer-centric low latency analytic environment leveraging Big Data technologies and transform the legacy systems.
* Lead a development team of data engineers
* Implement a big data enterprise data lake, BI and analytics system using Hive LLAP, Spark, Kafka, EMR (Hadoop)
* Responsible for design, development, testing oversight and implementation
* Works closely with program manager, scrum master, and architects to convey technical impacts to development timeline and risks
* Coordinate with data engineers and API developers to drive program delivery.
* Drive technical development and application standards across enterprise data lake
* Benchmark and debug critical issues with algorithms and software as they arise.
* Lead and assist with the technical design and implementation of the Big Data cluster in various environments.
* Guide/mentor development team for example to create custom common utilities/libraries that can be reused in multiple big data development efforts.
* Perform other duties and/or special projects as assigned
* BS in computer science or engineering degree, master's degree preferred
* Understand Hadoop cluster administration concepts.
* 8 + years overall experience in a Data Engineering or Data Warehouse environment
* Must have 5+ years of hands-on experience with large scale Big Data environments such as Hortonworks.
* Must have experience in Java, Spark, Map-Reduce, RDBMS, Hive, Pig, Hbase, Kafka Scala, Linux/Unix technologies.
* Must have experience with batch and real-time data pipelines.
* Must have experience as a Hadoop Technical Lead / Architect
* Must have experience with design, development and deployment in the specified technologies.
* Must have strong experience with OOPS concepts, design principles, and patterns.
* Must be willing to work in a fast-paced environment with an on shore - off shore distributed Agile teams.
* Extensive experience working with data warehouses and big data platforms
* Demonstrated experience building strong relationships with senior leaders
* Strong leadership and influencing skills
* Outstanding written and verbal skills and the ability to influence and motivate teams
* Must have strong technical background and hands-on experience in building enterprise-wide data warehouse solutions.
* Must have the ability to develop and maintain strong collaborative relationships at all levels across IT and Business Stakeholders.
* Must have the ability to prioritize multiple tasks and deal with urgent requests in a fast-paced and demanding environment.
* Excellent written and oral communication skills. Adept and presenting complex topics, influencing and executing with timely / actionable follow-through.
* You must be 18 years or older
* You must have a high school diploma or equivalent
* You must be willing to take a drug test, submit to a background investigation and submit fingerprints as part of the onboarding process
* You must be able to satisfy the requirements of Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
* New hires (Level 4-7) must have 9 months of continuous service with the company before they are eligible to post on other roles. Once this new hire time in position requirement is met, the associate will have a minimum 6 months' time in position before they can post for future non-exempt roles. Employees, level 8 or greater, must have at least 24 months' time in position before they can post. All internal employees must have at least a "consistently meets expectations" performance rating and have approval from your manager to post (or the approval of your manager and HR if you don't meet the time in position or performance requirement).
Legal authorization to work in the U.S. is required. We will not sponsor individuals for employment visas, now or in the future, for this job opening.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
Reasonable Accommodation Notice:
* Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment.
* If you need special accommodations, please call our Career Support Line so that we can discuss your specific situation. We can be reached at 1-866-301-5627. Representatives are available from 8am - 5pm Monday to Friday, Central Standard Time.
The salary range for this position is 85,000.00 - 170,000.00 USD Annual
Salaries are adjusted according to market in CA and Metro NY and some positions are bonus eligible.
Job Family Group: