Cloudera's Customer Success Manager is a trusted advisor and advocate for our most strategic customers.
Acting as the customer's trusted advisor and advocate, CSMs manage a system of checks and balances between the company and the customer, understanding our customer's needs, aligning the appropriate Cloudera resources (Marketing, Product, or Services), and assisting with critical escalation management. This includes understanding the customer, their use case(s), business goals, consumption, tracking progress, and managing the customer experience.
You are comfortable working across business, technical, and senior management in a customer facing role, and you are confident and articulate in communication with stakeholders.
You are driving the consumption of Cloudera products and services in partnership with the account team across mission critical environments. A key aspect to success in the role is persistence: forming a relationship of trust with a customer, anticipate needs, and act with agility and flexibility in the face of any situation that may arise.
What You Will Execute On
* Strong customer facing skills and stakeholder management
* Take ownership for the customer's experience with Cloudera
* Identify opportunities for the customer to increase the value they receive from Cloudera
* Experience operating on-site with large enterprise customers
* Ability to liaise and facilitate all key internal and external stakeholders
* Clear and concise communication skills
* Ownership mentality over your customers and work
* Strong organizational skills & ability to deliver executive presentations
* Ability to manage stakeholder escalations to mutually agreeable outcomes
* Strong knowledge of software implementation methodologies
* Knowledge of enterprise wide change management and risk mitigation strategies
* Passion for designing and leveraging processes that scale
* Understand & document our customer's business goals, timelines, and use cases
* Discuss projects and priorities through recurring sync calls and activity reviews
* Ability to break down problems into manageable components and develop solutions
* Work to improve operational efficiency and scalability by monitoring for issues and escalating as needed
* Review ongoing usage of our customer's clusters and discuss any trends and use cases that might add value
* Develop & leverage reports, dashboards, and data to summarize customer activity both to internal audiences as well as back to your customers
* Perform analysis of customer activity across multiple parts of the Cloudera organization, including summarizing data from Support, Services, & Training and identifying trends, gaps, or issues from these data sets and communicating those to our customers
* Experience with large scale data platforms
* Experience with software implementation and upgrade management
* Understanding of data management concepts
* Understanding of ITIL concepts
* Experience with an RDBMS (Oracle, MySQL, Teradata, etc)
* Understanding of networking concepts
Let your dream job find you.
Sign up to start matching with top companies. It’s fast and free.