Gryphon Technologies, Inc. (Gryphon) is a premier engineering and technical services provider supporting National Security programs. Gryphon is the federal Government's partner working in support of mission critical systems in every phase of their lifecycle. We are proud of our ability to help shape tomorrow, while ensuring today's U.S. and coalition forces can carry out their critical missions and tasks.
We provide Scientific, Engineering and Technical Assistance (SETA) support to Defense Advanced Research Projects Agency (DARPA) in Arlington, VA. For sixty years, DARPA has held to a singular and enduring mission: to make pivotal investments in breakthrough technologies for national security.
We have an ongoing need for Technical Artificial Intelligence (AI) SETA to support DARPA.
Duties will include but are not limited to:
* Performing technology and research management of programs involving basic and applied artificial intelligence research and its wide applications, including areas such as perception and reasoning, machine learning, adversarial machine learning, human-machine collaboration, autonomy, autonomous systems, semi-autonomous systems, robust communications, and detection/identification/neutralization of cyber threats at scale
* Significantly contribute across a range of technical areas by identifying and monitoring ongoing AI research developments, methodologies, advancements, and technologies for current and new program development
* Provide program support to areas that may include advanced autonomy for ground, maritime, air and space systems performing tasks in an integrated and collaborative manner across wide mission domains; including model-based approaches to autonomy, swarming, counter-swarm, multi-platform coordination, and multi-modal human-machine interaction optimized for human physiology
* Provide in-depth expertise in the assessments of proposals to determine the technical merit of proposal objectives and methodologies
* Develop test plans for assessment of program performers' systems and, when required/appropriate, coordinate with program performers throughout the testing of programs to ensure ranges, testing, and systems meet the test plan requirements
* Provide a resource and means of information support for proposals to determine the technical merit of proposal objectives and methodologies
* Use information analysis expertise to identify, develop, and support methodologies for current and new program development
* Travel may be required up to 10% of the time
* Work will be performed onsite
* Ability to obtain an interim Secret Clearance (active Secret or higher desired)
* B.S. degree required in computer science, engineering, information, or mathematics related field; M.S. or Ph.D. desired
* Experience with any of the following:
* Machine learning, natural language processing, linguistics, and/or natural language understanding
* Developing innovative technologies at a rapid pace in response to emerging threats
* Bayesian networks, classifiers, causal models, cognitive computing, human-machine interaction, symbolic logic, deep learning, Markov processes, neural networks, deep neural networks, computer vision, probabilistic models, probabilistic methods, and/or explanatory models
* Interfacing with operational personnel and senior government officials to understand operational requirements and articulate program goals