Purpose of JobWe are currently seeking a talented Technical Architect with Document Receiving Domain Experience - Lead Level for our Plano, TX or San Antonio, TX facility. A Technical Architect Sets technology direction, ensures project implementation compliance, and utilizes technology research to innovate, integrate, and manage technology solutions. This job ensures that technical strategy and direction for all of USAA is identified, integrated across multiple business functions and technical domains, and aligned to USAA's mission, brand pillars and strategic priorities.
USAA knows what it means to serve. We facilitate the financial security of millions of U.S. military members and their families. This singular mission requires a dedication to innovative thinking at every level.
In each of the past five years, we've been a top-40 Fortune 100 Best Companies to Work For®, and we've ranked among Victory Media's Top 10 Military Friendly® Employers primar13 years straight. We embrace a robust veteran workforce and encourage veterans and veteran spouses to apply.
ABOUT USAA IT
Our most important qualification isn't technical, it's human. Here, we don't just sit in front of a screen. We stand behind our 11 million members who rely on us every day.
We are over 3,000 employees strong, a passionately supportive and collaborative team built on Agile principles. We've been a top-two Computerworld 100 Best Places to Work in IT five years in a row and were recently named a Top 50 Employer for Minority Engineers & IT by Workforce Diversity Magazine.
See what it's like to work for a company where your passion meets our purpose:
USAA Information Technology: A Realistic Preview
* Technical Architects may perform in one or more Architecture roles including solution architecture, domain architecture or portfolio architecture.
* Solution Architecture: Conceptualizes technical complexity into usable, largescale architectures that are compliant with established standards.
* Provides architectural solutions/designs to project execution teams for implementation.
* Advises IT and business partners on matters of impact from architectural decisions.
* Ensures architecture compliance of technology solutions Drafts, evaluates, approves, and rejects architectural waivers.
* Maintains personal availability for troubleshooting.
* Provides professional and technical mentorship for Leadlevel IT resources.
* Domain Architecture: Provides technology architectural assessments, strategies, and roadmaps for one or more technology domains.
* Defines and documents architectural standards for a technology domain.
Facilitates IT and business community interaction to shape architecture solutions and domain direction.
* Influences and oversees research projects that contribute to disruptive innovation.
Identifies contributors and stakeholders for their technology domain and leads collaboration efforts amongst that community.
* Provides USAA level influence for their technical domain.
* Performs professional and technical mentorship for Leadlevel IT resources.
* Portfolio Architecture: Contributes domain expertise in support of the overall technology portfolio vision and strategy.
* Bachelor's degree in an IT-related field required OR 4 additional years of related experience beyond the minimum required may be substituted in lieu of a degree.
* 8 or more years of directly related experience to include at least 2 years of related work experience in a technical leadership role within IT required.
* Subject-matter-expert experience in technology application development and/or infrastructure and operational implementation
* Subject-matter-expert depth in a minimum of one technology domain Technical depth for a domain of technology from an application, infrastructure, operations, scalability, availability, performance, people, process, and tooling perspective.
* Qualifications may warrant placement in a different job level*
When you apply for this position, you will be required to answer some initial questions. This will take approximately 5 minutes. Once you begin the questions you will not be able to finish them at a later time and you will not able to change your responses.
* 4 or more years of experience with Electronic-Signature product(s)
* 4 or more years of experience with Content Transformation and Document upload
* 2 or more years of experience with container-based Architectures (OpenShift, Kubernetes, …)
* 2 or more years of experience with Reactive Design & Technologies (Akka, Play, Lagom, …)
* Experience with Agile Development Methodologies
USAA Technical Architects create innovative solutions that impact our members. Collectively, we are:
* Curious and excited by new ideas
* Energized by a fast-paced environment
* Able to understand and translate business needs into leading-edge technology
* Comfortable working as part of a connected team, but self-motivated
* Community-focused, dependable and committee
* Exceptionally detail-oriented
The above description reflects the details considered necessary to describe the principal functions of the job and should not be construed as a detailed description of all the work requirements that may be performed in the job.
At USAA our employees enjoy one of the best benefits package in the business, including a flexible business casual or casual dress environment, comprehensive medical, dental and vision plans, along with wellness and wealth building programs. Additionally, our career path planning and continuing education will assist you with your professional goals.
Relocation assistance is not available for this position.
For Internal Candidates:
Must complete 12 months in current position (from date of hire or date of placement), or must have manager's approval prior to posting.
Last day for internal candidates to apply to the opening is 07/3/19 by 11:59 pm CST time.