SRAlab is committed to Information Systems staff implementing new strategic solutions, providing systems support and filling the integral role of supplying future services to the Institute's patients and clients.
The Technical Applications Analyst is responsible for design, development, testing, deployment, administration, support and ongoing maintenance for business and clinical information technology. Works with business support and clinical teams in order to elicit, analyze, communicate and validate requirements for the business and clinical applications and their interfaces. Under the direction of the Business Applications Manager or Senior Technical Applications Analyst, performs as leader for small scale projects. Complies with corporate and departmental policies and demonstrates good communication skills
The Analyst will consistently demonstrate support of the SRAlab statement of Vision, Mission and Core Values by striving for excellence, contributing to the team efforts and showing respect and compassion for patients and their families, fellow employees, and all others with whom there is contact at or in the interest of the institute.
The Analyst will demonstrate SRAlab Core Attributes: Communication, Accountability, Flexibility/Adaptability, Judgment/Problem Solving, Customer Service and SRAlab Values (Hope, Compassion, Discovery, Collaboration, & Commitment to Excellence) while fulfilling job duties.
* 1. User Support
The Technical Applications Analyst will satisfy user support responsibilities by:
* Supporting existing in-house developed and 3rd-party applications (Systems Support and Development Role) or interfaces (Interface Developer role) including installing upgrades, providing enhancements and problem management.
* Resolving support issues according to Information Systems policies, providing documentation to Senior Technical Applications Analysts and Business Applications Manager for future reference.
* Providing consultation on process analysis and design, recommending alternative solutions, both automated and manual, to meet those needs.
* Working with departments, team members, and other resources to develop maintenance, testing, communication and conversion plans for system changes following the change control process.
* Developing and retaining relationships with SRAlab clinical and business staff.
* Acting as liaison between Information Technology vendors and internal departments.
* Serving on or leading appropriate SRAlab committees.
* Providing after-hours on call service as required.
* 2. Project Support
Under the guidance of the Senior Technical Applications analyst or the Business Applications Manager the Technical Applications Analyst will satisfy project support responsibilities by:
* Participating as a team member of large-scale software initiatives. Work with Senior Technical Applications Analyst or Business Applications Manager to establish timelines and ensure projects are completed on time.
* Facilitating small-scale software development initiatives. Utilize project management framework as defined by IS Management.
* Determining goals and objectives of each small-scale project and identifying all stakeholders, taking into the consideration the provision of quality patient care, user needs and potential for cost savings through reduction of work steps.
* Working with fellow IS staff and SRAlab users to develop detailed Unit Test plans, executing tests to verify systems satisfy design requirements, and updating configuration based on results.
* Developing and documenting Integration Test and User Acceptance Test plans based on functional specifications.
* Documenting and managing issues and problems including establishing a course of action for re-testing. As system bugs are detected, troubleshoot errors, modify code and re-execute test scripts.
* Coordinating handoffs to operations, support and technical staff in Information Systems.
* Developing documentation for training and/or maintenance/support including problem resolution and escalation decision trees.
* Complying with Policies and Procedures regarding IT Change Management.
* Maintaining current knowledge of trends in information technology.
Additional Project Support Responsibilities for Systems Support and Development Role
* Identifying and documenting business requirements and modified business processes.
* Developing SQL-based reports.
* Designing new in-house developed IT systems, specifying the operations the system will perform and the way data will be viewed by the user. In coordination with the Senior Technical Applications Analyst or Business Applications Manager, present design to users and once it is approved, work closely with the user team to implement the solution.
* Assisting with 3rd-party system selection and deploying newly acquired software systems.
* Developing data conversion/migration requirements and plans.
* Monitoring and analyzing, on an ongoing basis, existing and potential database systems, hardware and software, as directed by Business Applications Manager.
* Working with users after the conclusion of IS projects to measure results of the initiatives and ensure that goals and objectives are achieved.
Additional Project Support Responsibilities for Interface Developer Role
* Designing new systems interfaces between Cerner, Microsoft Dynamics GP and 3rd-party systems. In coordination with the Senior Technical Applications Analyst or Business Applications Manager, present design and once it is approved, work closely with the user team to implement the solution.
* Building, troubleshooting, and supporting interfaces utilizing a standard interface engine product.
* Implementing and updating interface engine software tools.
* 3. User Training (for Systems Support and Development Role):
The Technical Applications Analyst will satisfy user training responsibilities by:
* Assisting with development of plans, strategies and tactics for employee education to support new and existing system applications.
* Developing end-user training materials for applications software as needed.
* Collaborating with the Senior Technical Applications Analysts or Business Applications Manager to provide user training, conducting training sessions as necessary.
* Evaluating and monitoring training for effectiveness.
* Reports directly to the Business Applications Manager
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities Required
* Bachelor degree in information systems (e.g. Computer Science). Work experiences can replace traditional educational requirements.
* Knowledge of healthcare business support processes in one or more area.
* Experience working within Windows operating systems and Microsoft Office tools.
* Personal computer skills necessary to prepare project plans, presentations, flow charts, test plans, etc.
* Ability to work independently with users to define how technology can drive business processes.
* Analytical skills necessary to resolve issues and/or increase operational efficiency of the business support processes.
* Ability to pay close attention to details when designing, implementing, documenting and maintaining system functions.
* Interpersonal skills necessary to actively listen and communicate effectively with IS peers and user community to deliver and support systems based on user needs.
* Critical thinking and reasoning skills to identify strengths and weaknesses of alternate solutions, conclusions and approaches to problems.
* Ability to manage small-scale systems implementation projects.
* Knowledge of ANSI SQL scripting for troubleshooting.
* Knowledge of Cerner Command Language (CCL) for troubleshooting a plus.
* Ability and willingness to learn new tools and Business Information Systems to be identified as part of SRAlab future core applications toolset.
Additional Knowledge, Skills & Abilities Required for Systems Support and Development Role
* Minimum of 2 years experience in a Systems Support and Development role.
* Minimum of 2 years experience developing reports using SQL reporting services.
* Minimum of 2 years experience with Microsoft's SQL server database management tool.
* Minimum of 2 years experience with applications development tools, preferably with .NET framework (e.g. ASP.NET, VB.NET), Windows Server, IIS, and C#.
* A solid understanding of SharePoint 2010 environments and experience with Visual Studio, SharePoint designer, InfoPath.
* Knowledge of Cerner reporting tools (CCL, Explorer Menu, PowerInsight, etc.) a plus.
Additional Knowledge, Skills & Abilities Required for Interface Developer Role
* Minimum of 2 years experience in an Information Systems Interface Analysts role.
* Minimum of 2 years experience with healthcare integration tools (for example, Cloverleaf), Cerner Open Engine software, or Web Services / Engines (examples including Biztalk, SOAP standards) incorporating HL7 V3 standards.
* Minimum of 2 years experience with HL7, X12, XML standards.
* Ability to manage and read interface messages, the ability to compare interface messages to vendor specifications, and the ability to research and identify issues and required interface changes.
* Knowledge of UNIX platform and programming languages such as Shell, Perl, and TCL.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified.
SRAlab is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.