Organization: Siemens Healthineers
Business Unit: Customer Services
Requisition Number: 236707
Primary Location: United States-Utah-
Other Locations: United States-California-Los Angeles, United States-Florida-Orlando, United States-Illinois-Chicago, United States-Texas-Dallas, United States-Georgia-Atlanta, United States-New Hampshire-, United States-Rhode Island-, United States-Mississippi-, United States-Missouri-, United States-Pennsylvania-
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Mid level
Education Required Level: Associate's Degree / College Diploma
Travel Required: 45%
Siemens is a global technology powerhouse that has stood for engineering excellence, innovation, quality, reliability and internationality for more than 165 years. As a global technology company, Siemens is rigorously leveraging the advantages that this setup provides. To tap business opportunities in both new and established markets, the Company is organized in nine Divisions: Power and Gas, Wind Power and Renewables, Energy Management, Building Technologies, Mobility, Digital Factory, Process Industries and Drives, Healthineers and Financial Services.
With 45,000 employees Siemens Healthineers is one of the world's largest suppliers of technology to the healthcare industry and a leader in medical imaging, laboratory diagnostics and healthcare IT. All supported by a comprehensive portfolio of clinical consulting, training, and services available across the globe and tailored to customers' needs. So that more people can have a life that is longer, richer, and more filled with happiness.
For more information, please visit: http://www.usa.siemens.com/healthineers
This is a remote role and is open to any location
The Regional Support Center (RSC) Technical Support Technician (TST) is a key contributor providing hardware/software support and direction to our teams directly supporting our customers within the Americas in the Advia Chem/IA product line. The Technical Support Technician reports to the Senior Manager, Regional Support Center Americas at Siemens Healthineers.
Our three main areas of focus:
* Technical and Escalation Support of the customer facing teams
* Making our people better through knowledge share sessions
* Making our products better through involvement in system reviews/audits, Product Health Teams and engagement with Headquarters Support Center (HSC) and Service Lifecycle Management (SLM).
The RSC Technical Support Technician (TST) must respond to complex instrument problems, counseling customers and field personnel on corrective and preventive measures. This support is provided remotely or through joint visits with the field personnel.
The RSC Hardware Consultant is also the primary liaison between the field and Headquarters Support Center (HSC).
* Possesses total familiarity with mechanical, electronic, pneumatic, optical, and operational aspects of designated Siemens products as evidenced by the ability to effectively assist Customer Service Engineers/Field Service Technicians
* Serving as the product expert and guiding first level personnel on complex problem identification and troubleshooting to drive resolution to improve customer satisfaction and service metrics.
* Travels in support of first level teams to provide on-site incident management and resolution
* Provides trip report to local manager following on-site events
* Gathers information, technical issues and concerns from the first level and conveys them to HSC, and in turn conveys technical information from HSC back to the first level, keeping abreast of current trends and increasing awareness of product improvements
* Drives the call escalation process to effectively solve complex instrument problems as the next level up from the Service Specialist and/or Area Specialist. Escalates issues to a national level when necessary and manages critical account situations as necessary.
* Works with Product Education personnel to evaluate training classes and provides input to improve or update lesson plans.
* Provides evaluation and appropriate feedback on service manual revisions, technical bulletins, modifications, parts inventory and review of new products and procedures to ensure quality field service.
* Participates on new product launch teams as needed.
* Appropriately documents all work in Global Service Management System(GSMS)
* Provide pre-clarification assistance, ensuring "Best-in-Class" reactive, proactive and interactive support to countries within the Americas
* Works in accordance with government regulations, FDA, and OSHA; works in accordance with the Siemens Healthineers Quality System, including all applicable training requirements and enforcement of all company safety guidelines.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
* College degree or equivalent high level experience in Bio-medical engineering, electronics engineering or mechanical engineering
* Eight or more years of experience with a Siemens Training Certification on a minimum of three of the following systems; ADVIA Chemistry, Centaur, Dimension, IMMULITE and/or Vista products
* Possess strong all round IT skills; TCP/IP and network basics knowledge is highly desirable
* Proven customer service skills to effectively manage difficult situations while maintaining great customer relationships
* A self-starter is a must
* Strong oral and written communication skills
* Effective, thorough and consistent documenting skills are essential to the success in this position
* Candidate must agree to a one week standby support rotation every four weeks
* Individual must possess a valid Driver's license in good standing.
* Willingness to travel internationally, specifically within North and South America
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
* Multilingual - specifically speaks fluent in Spanish, Portuguese, French and English
* Experience on VersaCell would be beneficial
* Candidates within Mountain or Pacific Time Zone preferred, but not required
* Bachelor Degree in related discipline or equivalent experience