Who are we?
At the Seattle Y, we are an inclusive organization of people with a shared commitment to nurture the potential of youth, promote healthy living and foster social responsibility.
At the Y, strengthening community is our cause. We work side-by-side with our neighbors throughout King and south Snohomish counties to help kids and families thrive - and apply their positive behaviors and goals at home, school, the workplace and beyond.
* 13 branches
* 2 overnight camps
* More than 200 program sites
Where you'll work:
Our office is in the heart of Downtown Seattle, in a historic building that has housed the YMCA since the 1930s. Not only does our building house our Association Office (corporate headquarters), but it's also home to some of our unique social service programs AND a membership facility (access is a staff benefit - swim a few laps before work, take a yoga class at lunch, do some laps on the track before you go home, if you like!). The Seattle Y offers a competitive pay range and excellent benefit package including YMCA membership, health, dental, life and disability insurance; tuition assistance; 12% retirement contribution, as eligible.
If this sounds like an organization you'd like to work for, read on!
What you'll be doing...
The YMCA of Greater Seattle has an opportunity to serve as our organization's Raiser's Edge subject management expert. In this role you will serve as the point person for maintenance, queries, reports, list management for mailings and Net Community. We're looking for an individual who will identify ways to optimize use of the system to support business objectives while leading our centralized campaign administration across 13 branches. This position has primary responsibility for maintaining the integrity and accuracy of the donor database through the development and oversight of policies and procedures. Duties for this position will include data input and output, data maintenance, end-user training and support, and supervision of assigned staff.
Who are you?
If you're the right candidate for this position, you are a dynamic and organized individual who will support, enhance and ensure the integrity of our Raiser's Edge database. You enjoy working with people and have the ability to bring together multiple stakeholders to facilitate conversations regarding processes and creating procedures. You have the ability to make decisions and recommend and support integrated tools geared towards enhancing database functionality to improve the end-user experience. You like being part of a team that cares about one another as people and enjoy working together.
You should have:
* Bachelor's degree required or equivalent experience
* A minimum of two to three years of experience in a related position managing Raiser's Edge and proficiency in standard technology tools.
* Must have gift processing experience and working knowledge of fundraising operations.
* 1+ years of experience in a position with responsibility for managing or leading others
* Knowledge of or direct experience with process improvement methodologies, streamlining business processes to improve effectiveness and efficiencies.
* Ability to manage and prioritize multiple projects.
* Proven analytical/conceptual skills required to identify and interpret problems and recommend and implement solutions.
* Excellent customer service skills, with the ability to prioritize and manage workflow and resolve questions via phone, email and in person.
* Strong communications skills, both written and verbal.
* Ability to produce professional documents, reports and well-crafted correspondence using various office software (e.g. Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
* Strong attention to details; must be able to type 40+ words per minute accurately.
* Advanced Excel and Access skills required
Preferred Attributes and Skills:
* Experience with YMCA business functions and processes preferred.
* Experience with business process mapping and implementation.
* Prefer knowledge of, and previous experience with, diverse populations (language, culture, race, physical ability, sexual orientation, etc.).
* Ability to speak any language in addition to English may be helpful.
* Experience with ImportOmatic
You'll be a great fit for the Seattle Y if you:
* Thrive on working in a collaborative environment
* Are very adaptable
* Have high ownership and strong work ethic
* Are a great problem solver who can think on your feet
* Truly enjoy being of service to people
* Want to know that the work you do contributes to building a better, stronger community for all
The YMCA of Greater Seattle is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity, inclusion, and equity. We are a drug & alcohol-free workplace; all job offers are contingent on results of a background check and drug screening, including screening for marijuana.
Queries, centralized campaign, data maintenance, donor database,