What you'll be doing...
Whether it's coverage, reliability, or speed - Verizon has the best network. Verizon is a leader in innovation by being the first company to launch a commercial 5G network. In addition to amazing speed, 5G will enable next-generation capability such as virtual reality, self-driving cars, and remote surgery. You will be helping build and optimize this new network. Your work will make an impact on the lives of thousands in the future with how they live, work, and play.
* Research and understand the end-to-end network design and call flows to help maintain and improve network accessibility, retainability, mobility, and integrity.
* Participate in the planning, testing, and integration phases of various projects to upgrade, redesign, and integrate new and existing services.
* Utilize various software tools to proactively identify, investigate, and resolve anomalies with various key performance indicators (KPIs), log messages, call flows, and raw packets.
* Provide tier-II type support to our network assurance team and assist troubleshooting urgent customer impacting issues.
* Explore and develop new ways to improve efficiency and effectiveness through developing methods of automation and analysis.
What we're looking for...
You're never satisfied with just good enough - curious, not afraid to ask questions, and eager to investigate. You enjoy learning new things and are always looking to improve. You pay attention to small details and are an excellent problem solver with strong critical thinking skills. You are a team player - always willing to share knowledge, communicate effectively, and maintain a positive attitude.
You'll need to have:
* Bachelor's degree or one or more years of work experience.
* Experience in the IP networking or network software/programming, or related detailed coursework in IP networking topics.
* Willingness to travel.
* Valid driver's license.
Even better if you have:
* A degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, Electrical Engineering with a computer networking focus, or related discipline.
* Networking experience.
* Knowledge of 3GPP network interfaces, network elements, and call flows.
* Experience with tools such as SevOne, Irisview, nGeniousOne, wireshark, Tableau, Hive, Hadoop.
* Experience with different programming languages (Python, Java, Perl, etc) and database design.
* Knowledge with cloud-native software tools such as Prometheus, Github, Kubernetes, Grafana, Jaeger, Elastic.
When you join Verizon...
You'll be doing work that matters alongside other talented people, transforming the way people, businesses and things connect with each other. Beyond powering America's fastest and most reliable network, we're leading the way in broadband, cloud and security solutions, Internet of Things and innovating in areas such as, video entertainment. Of course, we will offer you great pay and benefits, but we're about more than that. Verizon is a place where you can craft your own path to greatness. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, find your future at Verizon.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate our employees' differences,including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. Different makes us better.
Verizon Communications (formerly Bell Atlantic) is a company providing communications, information, and entertainment products and services.