We are now seeking an experienced Systems Infrastructure Engineer to join our amazing team in Ft. Worth, TX to be part of Gemalto Central Operations - North America. You will be responsible for developing, maintaining, and reporting on Network strategy and procedures. You will identify key areas of opportunity while managing the logical & physical large IT Infrastructure. You will work with cutting edge technology and provide technical architecture and implementation. Join a global leader that is working with the cutting edge technology!
A week in the life of a Systems Infrastructure Engineer:
* Designing, building and operating large scalable compute & storage systems.
* Understanding and managing incident management while delivering high levels of customer service that aligns to our Internal and Customer service levels.
* Multi-tasking and prioritizing in fast-paced, high-pressure environments.
* Ensuring processes meet business requirements and system goals.
* Providing engineering leadership to define and implement strategies to ensure scalability, availability, and security.
* Building capabilities for monitoring, alerting, automation, and self-healing systems.
* Participate in industry standard audits (PCI, SOX, FISMA).
* Participate in internal/external customer facing calls & meetings related to troubleshooting or design new solutions from infra side.
* Maintaining Systems documentation, maps, and processes (ITSM).
* Systems & Storage management, administration and implementation.
* Systems & Storage capacity planning.
* Working in a team environment.
* Maintain controls on all sensitive documentation under your responsibility.
* Handle incidents reported or identified within the area of your responsibility.
* Create mitigation and remediation plan reports on information security risks.
* Recommend changes to Infrastructure and business application solutions as deemed appropriate.
* Monitor changes to the overall risk profile and critical consumer systems
* Focus on emerging technologies in the mobile and internet channels
To succeed at this job, you must have: VMware 6, Linux RHEL Systems, Windows AD, Windows Server 08&12 and Storage and Back Up systems (3PAR, Veeam, Data Protector) Experience working in a large Datacenter environment, Nutanix and Hyper-Converged, automation and scripting, Core Services (DNS, WSUS, AD, SCCM, Authentication, Linux Patching) Configuration and Administration and HPE Hardware Mgt
It would be preferred if you have RHEL, HPE Blades system, VMware 6, 3PAR, EMC Networker, Windows 2012, TCP/IP stack and connectivity troubleshooting, certificates (MCSE, RHCE, VCP, NCP)
You must be a US Citizen per CFIUS and CJIS requirements.
You must be fluent in English.
We would like someone to join our team who is team player, committed & open minded.
You must have a Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related field.
We are looking for someone with at least 8 years of experience in a Systems Infrastructure Engineer or Design Engineer position.
Travel of up to 15% may be required.
* To be considered for this position, please visit our career website at (provide job link).
* Apply now before this career opportunity is filled. We look forward to reading your CV!
Employees are required to perform the duties of this position, or any Gemalto position, in compliance with all company policies, procedures, practices, and processes, whether written or verbal, which Gemalto, in its sole discretion, may change periodically, including, but not limited to, those implemented to ensure product, physical plant, information systems and technology security, along withal federal, state and local regulations and public policies. Protect Gemalto assets from unauthorized access, disclosure, modification, destruction or interference. React and help resolve security events or security risks reported by employees. Ensure responsibility is assigned to the individual for actions taken.
Gemalto is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. It is our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex national origin, marital status, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, veteran's status, or other protected group status. We support and apply this policy through a program of affirmative action. This includes special efforts to employ and advance within our organization, qualified members of protected groups. Applicants may request reasonable accommodation to participate in the hiring process. Answers to application questions will be used for applicable, job-related purposes only.
Gemalto, a digital security company, offers mobile connectivity, payment technology and data protection solutions.