We are looking for innovative engineers who develop deep understanding of problems through thoughtful data-driven analysis and then shepherd the solutions through the lab to real world deployment. Success requires developing an end-to-end view of systems across layers and across disciplines.
Individuals in this role will actively participate and contribute to Qualcomm's Research systems engineering activities related to the evolution of 4G, 5G, WLAN and Satellite platform towards ever improved efficiency and capability. This includes theoretical analysis, computer aided analysis, regular active participation in design and review sessions, contribution to QUALCOMM's IP portfolio, systems support for implementation, technical contributions towards proprietary or public air interface specifications. Extensive knowledge of radio communication theory and digital signal processing as well as solid background in cellular communication systems across PHY, MAC and Signaling layers.
We are looking for individuals who possess one or more of the following skills and experience:
* PHY and MAC Layers
* Mobile broadband, IoE, Mission Critical, Vehicular Communications
* Information theory, Coding theory, Adaptive filtering, Signal Detection and Estimation, Digital Communications
* Modem algorithms design, including channel and interference estimation, advanced receivers, decoders, tracking loops, techniques to mitigate RF distortions
* Interference and mobility management in radio access networks, interference cancellation, equalization, multi-user detection
* OFDMA and CDMA based FDD/TDD licensed/unlicensed systems
* Modem implementation experience
* Demonstrated skills in design of communications simulation tools
* RLC, PDCP, RRC, S1, X2, IP, UDP, TCP, HTTP protocols
* Radio access and core network design
* Programming skills in C/C++/MATLAB
* UNIX/Win/Linux computing platforms
" />Job IdT1964974Job TitleSystems Engineers - PHY and MAC Layer - All LevelsCompany-DivisionQualcomm Technologies, Inc.-CDMA Technology
Job AreaEngineering - Systems
LocationCalifornia - San Diego
OverviewEducation RequirementsPreferred: Doctorate, Computer Engineering and/or Computer Science and/or Electrical Engineering
" id="hdnEducationalRequirements" />Required: Master's, Computer Engineering and/or Computer Science and/or Electrical Engineering
Preferred: Doctorate, Computer Engineering and/or Computer Science and/or Electrical Engineering
KeywordsPHY, MAC, DSP, Algorithms, Cellular, Networks
Qualcomm is a semiconductor company that designs, manufactures, and markets digital wireless telecommunications products and services.