Eaton's Aerospace Group is currently seeking a Systems Engineer, Requirements Management to join our team! This position is based at our Fort Worth, TX, Grand Rapids, MI, Jackson, MI or Jackson, MS facility.
Eaton Corporation has an opening within the Industrial Sector Engineering OpEx and Standards Center of Excellence team for a Systems Engineer of Requirements Management. The primary function of this role is to lead and manage the administration of Aerospace requirements management process and provide requirements management support for projects.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It's where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential-and where you can help us reach ours.
In this function you will:
* Understand, deploy and support Aerospace Requirements Management standards and processes as defined by internal engineering standards (ACES).
* Learn and understand the requirements management domain developing subject matter expertise that can be leveraged by the product teams.
* Provide administration support for requirements management application, DOORS (Dynamic Object Oriented Requirements Management System or Solution). This includes setting up projects, providing access, and supporting project teams on database issues, etc.
* Learn and understand the requirements management software DOORS, developing subject matter expertise that can be leveraged by the product teams.
* Provide project support as a Requirements Manager, which includes collection of requirements into DOORS Software
* Own, drive and maintain the certification of the role for Requirements Manager. This includes providing certification training to the organization and administering certification testing.
* Provide ITAR support (i.e. applicant must be a US citizen) as needed for projects that may include requirements management, product stewardship, etc.
* Collaborate with extend requirements management team and practitioners on standards and process changes.
* Provide bid and proposal support defining the scope of requirements management needed for project and estimate of hours.
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we - as individuals and as a company - are stronger.
Required (Basic) Qualifications:
* Bachelor's degree in Engineering from an accredited institution
* Project or internship/co-op experience in systems engineering or requirements management
* This position requires use of information or access to hardware which is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). All applicants must be U.S. persons within the meaning of ITAR. ITAR defines a U.S. person as a U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. 'Green Card Holder'), Political Asylee, or Refugee.
* Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship.
* No relocation is being offered for this position. Only candidates residing within a 50 mile radius of the Fort Worth, TX, Grand Rapids, MI, Jackson, MS or Jackson, MI facilities will be considered.
* Experience in DOORS software is preferred
* Minimum 1-3 years' experience formally managing requirements
Position Success Criteria:
* Strong communication skills are required to drive adoption and adherence to key processes
* Collaboration skills are required to manage change to standards and processes and working across functional lines including IT and program management
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.LI-SC1
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look-from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day-you'll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That's why Eaton is dedicated to improving people's lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We're ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we're committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: North America - US/Puerto Rico
Organization: AER HQ SLS
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time