Systems Quality Engineer
Leidos is seeking a Systems Quality Engineer to work on the Federal Aviation Administration's (FAA) NextGen Air Traffic Management programs with the goal of making sure milestones are met and activities are performed as required by contract.
Responsibilities both as a member of a team and independently:
* Ensure quality assurance processes and procedures are being implemented as required by the program Quality Assurance (QA) Plan
* Perform audits, reviews, and inspections of hardware and software program activities to make sure they comply with program processes and ISO 9001/CMMI level 3 requirements
* Analyze defects in conjunction with System Engineering and Software/Hardware Plans to drive improvements in the verification & validation of requirements
* Utilize procedures/tools to verify software and hardware requirements
* Integrate new hardware and software into the system baseline
* Validate test procedures to make sure there is no system regression issues of core capabilities
* Perform Root Cause analysis of non-compliant items
* Perform Documentation reviews
* Witness formal testing
* Support new business proposals
Qualifications: Typically requires Bachelor's degree in Science, Mathematics, Engineering, or equivalent work history and 8-12 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 6-10 years of quality assurance experience. Experience with excel and earned value cost account management. Strong verbal and writing skills.
Preferred Qualifications: FAA Air Traffic Domain Knowledge, Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Tools, Excel, Air Traffic Management (ATM) / Control software development, Software development for high availability systems, Flight data processing, Graphical user interface (GUI) development, Database creation and maintenance, Use of adaptation in ATM systems.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 31,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.17 billion for the fiscal year ended December 29, 2017. (NYSE: LDOS) All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.