Are you looking for an opportunity to deliver high-impact work for a company with an unsurpassed work-life balance? MITRE's Homeland Security Center partners with the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) to help protect America and make the world safer. We are seeking systems engineers with the required technical and law enforcement expertise to support our work programs for DHS Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE). We provide effective program management advice and thought leadership to government program managers/project leads responsible for planning, organizing, executing, and managing complex technology development programs.
We are looking for a systems engineer with a criminal investigations background who can provide technical recommendations and acquisition program management expertise to enable ICE to acquire advanced technology tools they need to accomplish their law enforcement missions. A successful candidate will be innovative, experienced, motivated, and self-directed criminal investigations program management expert. Join our team to help us provide rigorous technical program management approaches, methods, and tools as we support government program managers throughout the federal acquisition lifecycle.
The work will be performed at a government office location in Lorton, Virginia, with sustained collaboration with MITRE subject matter experts at our McLean, Virginia location.
The successful candidate will provide thought leadership and problem solving for DHS components, leveraging MITRE's technical depth and capabilities. Specific responsibilities will include:
* Help government sponsors shift from immature, fragile, or ad-hoc practices to more rigorous, repeatable, and sustainable acquisition and program management practices.
* Create an effective bridge between technology experts, developers, user/operators, and managers.
* Work closely with operational users to assess needs and opportunities to deliver homeland security capabilities.
* Shape work and deliverables to maximize quality, value, and impact to government sponsors.
* Develop trusted strategic partnerships with key sponsors and stakeholders.
* Demonstrated ability to find innovative ways to solve problems.
Requirements / must have for consideration:
Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Information Systems, or a Homeland Security-related discipline.
8+ years documented success in applying one or more of the following capabilities in complex environments:
* Acquisition Program Management, Government Procurement Management, and Program Risk Management.
* Information Systems Management.
* Investigative Technologies Procurement and Management.
* Analytic thinking to organize diverse inputs and postulate new, achievable technical approaches or processes.
* Ability to assess new and/or emerging technologies to meet the requirements of the government.
* Ability to work and lead by example in a highly collaborative environment with peers and senior government officials at multiple levels.
* Candidates holding current / active US Government security clearance(s) are highly preferred.
* Familiarity with video technologies, video analytics, technical surveillance technologies, and video management network performance and analytics is highly preferred.
* Experience with a federal law enforcement organization (especially DHS) is highly preferred.
* Outstanding leadership, communication (spoken and written), and interpersonal skills.
* Ability to work effectively with a wide range of government and contractor personnel (technical and non-technical).