This Senior Engineer position requires a strong knowledge of Java application support and Unix administration. The candidate must have excellent communications skills, be highly motivated, eager to take on new responsibilities and be a team player. The ability to work under pressure and meet strict deadlines is a must. Excellent technical skills including strong problem-solving abilities. Other required skills, abilities, and duties listed below:
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
* Will partner and support a close working relationship with team members, peers, engineering and development teams to solve issues that arise * Provide timely feedback to engineering on proposed updates, and proactively identify potential areas of concern * On-call duties as assigned. consistent with a 24 X 7 Operations environment, periodic cell phone availability will be necessary to respond to escalated issues * Supporting daily operations under pressure and meet strict deadlines is a must. * Identifying and resolving technical issues * Excellent technical skills including strong problem-solving abilities.
BASIC / MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
* Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related field, and/or equivalent work experience * Minimum four (4) years of experience Shell scripting / Automation experience, and Linux operating systems, preferably Red Hat or CentOS. * Minimum four (4) years of experience with application / system monitoring and concepts * Minimum four (4) years of System Engineer / Administration experience
ADDITIONAL JOB REQUIREMENTS
* Linux package installation: yum, rpm * Familiarity with system monitoring and concepts * Understanding of TCP/IP and networking concepts * Work with and manage systems in a large scale, high availability environment * Motivated self-starter and independent thinker * Strong work ethic * Strong organizational skills * Ability to work under tight deadlines with a "get the job done" mindset * Strong sense of responsibility - willing to take ownership of issues * Knowledge in System security best practices
* Weblogic and Containers * Understanding of Virtual machines/concepts; VMware, Open Stack, etc. * Linux administration * Scripting and/or programming expertise (e.g. shell, Perl, Python, Ansible) * Understanding of Certificate management * Experience with Splunk, SNMP, AppDynamics, Instana * Three (3) years of Basic Database / SQL experience
* Occasional travel may be required for training at company expense. * Office environment
Let your dream job find you.
Sign up to start matching with top companies. It’s fast and free.