Job Title: Senior Specialist, Systems Engineer (Information Security)
Job Code: SIS20192202-30240
Job Location: Clifton, New Jersey
During its 120-year history, Harris has transformed communications and information technology. Harris is a proven leader in tactical communications, geospatial systems and services, air traffic management, environmental solutions, avionics and electronic warfare, and space and intelligence. From ocean to orbit and everywhere in between, we provide mission-critical solutions to connect, inform and protect the world.
On the Harris team, your job is to secure the world. We don't work here just for the advanced technology and equipment: we work here because we know what - and who - we're protecting! From families to the intelligence community, and from our climate to our men and women in uniform - we're making the world a safer place!
Harris Corporation Space and Intelligence Systems has an opening for a Senior Specialist, Systems Engineering (Information Security) to join our team of qualified, diverse individuals. This position will be located in Clifton, New Jersey. The selected candidate will work in a fast-paced environment with high expectations, significantly diverse assignments, and a collaborative team setting.
* Lead Type 1 Certification activities as required for assigned programs
* Perform functional analysis, trade studies, requirement derivation and allocation to translate customer Information Security requirements into hardware and software specifications
* Work with other engineering disciplines to implement and verify security technology
* Provide technical leadership to development teams at internal and external gate reviews such as technical baseline reviews and design reviews
* Act as a liaison to internal and external stakeholders
* Conduct complex security architecture analysis to evaluate and mitigate issues
* 6+ years with a bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, or Computer Science or equivalent
* Active DoD Secret security clearance
* DoDI 8570 IAT or IA SAE Level 2 compliant professional certification (i.e. CCNA Security, CySA+, GICSP, GSEC, Security+ CE, SSCP, CASP+ CE, CISSP (or Associate), CSSLP)
* Experience with security assessment and authorization activities for DoD Information Systems, e.g. RMF, Type 1, etc.
* Experience developing and executing system test procedures
* Understanding of FPGA simulation process and how it can be used to verify functionality
* Understanding and ability to read VHDL, C, C++, and C# code
* Experience writing software to automate tasks, such as data processing, encryption, etc.
* Information Systems Security Engineering or Systems Engineering experience, working on system security architecture development, implementation, integration, or test
* Understanding of DoD PKI
* Hands-on knowledge of IPsec configuration with Windows and Linux PCs
* Experience with IA and AT certification requirements
* Excellent 2-way communication skills (upward and downward)
* Experience with Model Based System Engineering (UML, SysML, DoDAF)
Please be aware this position requires a Secret Clearance. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
By submitting your résumé for this position, you understand and agree that Harris Corporation may share your résumé, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions.
Harris is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We consider applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local law.
Candidates will support Environment, Health and Safety by fulfilling the Harris EHS Policy, complying with Harris EHS programs and applicable regulations, and striving for continual EHS improvement.
L3Harris EEO statement:
L3 Harris Technologies is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L3Harris is committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity and maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or other related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, characteristic or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local laws. L3Harris maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks, where permitted by law.
Apply SAVE FOR LATER