At MCR, LLC, we are the nation's premier Integrated Program Management (IPM) firm. Since 1977, MCR has delivered planning, cost/schedule analysis, acquisition management and program assessment solutions to help government and commercial clients successfully lead their programs. MCR's 400+ professionals provide critical thinking and integrated solutions to acquisition professionals, helping customers become more efficient and effective in running complex programs.
Do you have previous software engineering experience? Are you looking to play a meaningful role in a creative environment? If so, we are searching for someone like you to join our team of experts.
You will provide EPASS Advisory and Assistance Services to the Digital Directorate (formally known as the Battle Management Directorate) at the AF Life-Cycle Management Center (previously the Electronic Systems Center). This position will be located at Hanscom AFB.
You will perform work that applies a broad theoretical and practical knowledge of software engineering and will review, prepare, and analyze all types of documentation: Planning, requirements, design, V&V, support and test. Also to include source code, configuration files and engineering resolution support. Responsibilities may also include but not be limited to:
* Determining operational feasibility by evaluating analysis, problem definition, requirements, solution development, and proposed solutions
* Documenting and demonstrating solutions by developing documentation, flowcharts, layouts, diagrams, charts, code comments and clear code
* Improving operations by conducting systems analysis; recommending changes in policies and procedures
* Providing information by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing development and service issues
* Accomplishing engineering and organization mission by completing related results as needed
* Performing Software Quality Assurance (SQA) to ensure that developed software meets and aligns with defined or standardized quality specifications.
* Working as a member of an agile software development team. Performing some mix of the below tasks as directed by the government team lead or engineering lead
* Elaborate high level feature/function descriptions into detailed technical designs and tasks, in collaboration with users (from Lead Command or operating units) and government lead engineers
* Perform coding tasks for features/functions as well as functional and performance tests
* Perform peer design and code reviews with other team members
* Perform coding/scripting tasks for software build, packaging and deployment
* Perform other software engineering documentation tasks as assigned
We are looking for someone with the following skill set:
* BS and 5-15 years of demonstrated proficiency with SDLC
* Experience on DoD or Air Force acquisition programs desired.
* Excellent written and verbal interpersonal skills.
* Comfortable working in a dynamic and diverse team environment meeting end users' requirements.
* You are detail oriented and have excellent problem-solving and analytical abilities.
* U.S. Citizenship
We will give high consideration to those who demonstrate proficiency with one or more of the following:
* Agile XP
* 12 Factor Development
* API development/management
* Technologies: Java, Ruby, Spring, Docker
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
MCR, LLC is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you are passionate about a future at MCR and wish to learn more about current opportunities, please visit www.mcri.com.
Let your dream job find you.
Sign up to start matching with top companies. It’s fast and free.