About the Position:
Juniper Networks has an immediate opening for a team-oriented, highly effective and motivated individual to be part of Juniper Federal DOD Systems Engineering Team. Your primary responsibility is to assist the account managers and our partners with the technical sales activities in new and existing opportunities. You should possess a strong technical aptitude, the ability to learn quickly, strong interpersonal skills, strong presentation skills, and troubleshooting skills. The position requires a US citizenship.
* Provide technical sales support for Federal DOD Accounts.
* Build and maintain strong professional relationships with IT decision makers within assigned accounts.
* Perform technical presentations for customers, partners and prospects. Communicate highly technical concepts to a variety of audiences, including executive level technical decision-makers.
* Design and provide Next Generation Network Architectures for our customers.
* Set up demonstrations and explain features and benefits to our customers.
* Ability and experience to conduct proof of concepts to meet customer requirements.
* Develop compelling Juniper network designs (including detailed bills of materials and network diagrams) to meet specific customer needs.
* Stay current on relevant competitive solutions, products, and services.
* Assist with the development of formal sales plans and proposals for assigned opportunities.
* A minimum of 3-5 years of experience as a pre-sales SE in Enterprise, Service Provider, or Federal Market Networking and Security environments.
* Strong hands-on experience with Juniper solutions or equivalent
* Experience designing/engineering LAN/WAN, Data Center, Security, and Cloud technology solutions.
* Experience implementing and operating mid-large scale Campus and Enterprise Networking and Security solutions.
* Exposure to the design, engineering, and deployment of SDN/NFV solutions.
* B.S. or M.S. in Electrical Engineering or Computer Science or Equivalent Experience.
* Advanced Industry Certifications are desirable.
* Proficient understanding of emerging technology areas. This includes Virtualization, VMWare, OpenStack, Contrail, VNF, and Container solutions.
* DevOps experience with proficiency in automation using Python, Chef, Puppet, and Ansible.
* Familiarization with Linux operating systems including RedHat, CentOS, and/or Ubuntu.
* Position will provide support to US Federal DOD customers and will require US Citizenship with the ability to obtain US Security Clearances as necessary.
* Travel requirements for the position estimated at 20-35% of time.