Systems Engineer - Amazon Web Services - Boston, Massachusetts
Do you want to shape the future of cloud storage? Are you passionate about building next generation distributed file systems? Do you want to grow and be part of a team that is building a service used by hundreds of thousands of customers every day? If you said yes to any or all of those, come join the Amazon Web Services (AWS) engineering team in our new Boston Seaport location overlooking the Fort Point channel as we revolutionize the world of cloud storage.
Amazon Elastic File System (EFS) is built in Boston, MA. It's a fully managed service that makes it easy to set up and scale shared file storage in the AWS Cloud. Amazon EFS is designed for a wide variety of use cases: data analytics, video rendering, genomics analysis, web serving, content management, and home directories, to name a few. https://aws.amazon.com/efs/
We are looking for someone who is intelligent, passionate about operational excellence at a large scale, thrives on tackling new challenges, and wants to support the mission.
A successful Systems Engineer will be very comfortable with networking and distributed architecture topics. They will have enthusiasm for digging deep and a flare for sharp technical communication, prioritization and organization. They will be instrumental in building, operating, and scaling Elastic File System, including:
* Participating in all phases of the development of a large distributed system: providing hardware, manageability, operability and performance perspectives
* Participating in expanding the service to additional access points worldwide.
* Manage service inventory, including producing, maintaining, and evolving capacity plans for various components
* Monitoring the health of the fleet, automating system health, maintenance tasks, and reporting systems as needed
* Troubleshooting, performing various system maintenance tasks, and participating in an on-call rotation
If this sounds like you, we'd love to have you on board. AWS is changing the world, and this is a great opportunity to help launch new services.
Amazon is a company operating a marketplace for consumers, sellers, and content creators.