Are you a Strong Systems Engineer with a Cloud background? Are you familiar with working in production environments and automating processes? We're looking for a hands-on team player with Linux Admin, performance optimization and scripting experience to join our team as a Systems Engineer II, where you'll contribute to the design and delivery of hosting technologies for internal products. In this role, you will develop processes, policies and procedures, and will be responsible for code deploys, infrastructure building (InfraCode), email and FTP administration, in addition to break/fix and capacity planning. This is a great opportunity for someone who wants exposure to large-scale enterprise deployment technologies in the cloud, including clustering/high availability and load balancing. If you're an analytically-minded, expert multitasker, and cool under pressure, this job is a perfect fit for you!
iCIMS is a high-growth Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) company headquartered in Holmdel, NJ. Eight-times voted a Best Place to Work by NJBIZ and #16 on Glassdoor's 2019 Best Places to Work list, we are the industry's #1 recruitment software provider, delivering technology that supports approximately 4,000 contracted customers around the globe. Dedicated to maintaining an inclusive, inspirational and innovative work environment, and committed to our consistent growth, we have a wide range of opportunity for career advancement within our organization. Come grow with us-apply today!
* Act as a Subject Matter Expert in one or more areas of Hosting Engineering infrastructure components
* Create detailed documentation around system design, system operations, and Disaster Recovery procedures
* Perform technical research, testing, evaluation and documentation of complex hosting/configuration tools and methodologies to ensure compliance and best practices are employed
* Research and implement new technologies and communicate the requirements on behalf of Hosting Engineering in the technology adoption process
* Provides detailed analysis and design reviews cross departmentally to ensure synergies in product and solution implementation.
* Responsible for the overall coordination of product evaluation, selection and implementations
* Liaison with R&D team for solution design
* Serves as a technical resource to customers when troubleshooting complex issues
* Consistently ensures that business is conducted with integrity at all times and that behavior aligns with iCIMS policies, procedures, and core competencies
* 3+ years of hands-on Network/System Engineering experience
* Strong proficiency in either Windows or Linux operating systems
* Advanced scripting skills
* Advanced troubleshooting skills
* Working knowledge of networking protocols, standards and hardware, such as IPv4, IPv6, TCP/IP, HTTP, DHCP, DNS, SNMP, SMTP, 1/10Gb Ethernet, F5 Load Balancers, Firewalls, Log Management, IDS and proxies
* Experience with configuring and administering network elements (firewall, routers, switches, etc.)
* Ability to demonstrate strong analytical capabilities and technical knowledge by providing innovative yet supportable solutions
* Experience designing & architecting solutions for hosting infrastructure and application
* Exposure to large scale enterprise deployment technologies - clustering, load balancing, scalability
* Ability to cover rotating off-hour/weekend support requirements
* Ability to effectively convey technical concepts and knowledge to non-technical audiences
* Excellent oral and presentation skills a must
* BS in computer science/information technology or combination of education and equivalent work experience
iCIMS is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status or any other characteristic protected by law.