Are you a systems engineer or systems administrator that is passionate about technology and looking to take the next step in your career? If so, we want you! Come join VectorUSA's growing technical team as a Systems Engineer (Systems Administrator III). You will lead customer's accounts, owning the responsibility to ensure the stability of the server and storage environments. Troubleshooting issues as they arise, but leading the drive to make recommendations that will reduce incident occurrence and meet the accounts business needs. You should be someone who enjoys and can lead the design, architecture, planning of Data Center environments and feels strongly not only about building large enterprise solutions but also complex migrations and scaling Data Center infrastructure to the next level. You must enjoy a close-knit team environment of shared responsibility and be willing and able to work a flexible schedule as needed to cover specific clients, scheduling requirements or projects. You will need to be self-disciplined, highly motivated to learn new technologies, work well on individual tasks in a team environment, and be able to work well and communicate clearly with both technical and non-technical personnel in high-stress situations.
The Skills You Will Gain:
* Experience maintaining, engineering, and architecting cutting-edge, dynamic solutions
* The opportunity to learn and collaborate with an advanced team of solution architects and pre-sales engineers along with technical delivery architects & engineers
* Learn the major product lines that VectorUSA offers and how that technology performs for customers
* Experience and professional level certifications with top manufacturing partners
* Build credibility and strengthen relationships with manufacturer partner teams
* Gain insights into industry, technology, and customer trends
How Far You Can Go:
* Opportunity to become a solutions architect and/or if desired take on leadership roles & responsibilities within a fast-growing organization
* Fame, Fortune, Glory… The sky is the limit!!!
What Your Typical Day Will Be:
* You will provide multi-technology consulting services to clients to analyze and provide strategies and solutions on all aspects of data center systems, infrastructure and related technology components
* Provide tier four support and leadership for the Systems Administration team
* Install, configure, troubleshoot and support servers, load balancers, storage arrays, NAS, and related storage devices
* Diagnosing and correcting technical problems with Virtual environments up to and including; Operating Systems, Hardware, Storage Systems, Disaster Recovery systems, Orchestration, and basic LAN technologies.
* Provision virtual machines as necessary, allocate resources, perform capacity planning, and monitor both network and systems usage
* Ability to document all work actions as required by VectorUSA and clients in accordance with standard policies and procedures
* Work with VectorUSA, client and third-party technical and service teams to maintain, troubleshoot and remediate technical issues
* Perform basic systems testing and operational tasks for a wide variety of systems
* Support multiple technical systems in 24 x 7 environment operational environments with high uptime requirements. Varied shift schedules may include day, night and weekend hours
* Other duties as assigned
What You Bring to The Table:
* Bachelor's degree in computer science, information systems or a related field, or equivalent corporate or military training.
* A minimum of seven (7) years of Microsoft Operating systems and related technologies including, IIS, SQL, Active Directory, Exchange, Office products and patching technologies
* MCSE certification required
* 4+ Years of Experience working with Virtualization Platforms such as VMware and Microsoft HyperV with background in deploying High Availability Clustering in vCenter or SCCM
* VMware VCP required
* 3+ years managing Linux or UNIX based systems
* 5+ years working in a 24/7 environment
* 5+ years' experience with VMware and virtualization technologies
* 5+ years' experience with storage technologies, NAS & SAN
* 3+ years' experience with Citrix product support
* Strong experience performing installation, maintenance, troubleshooting and error correction in virtual environments
* Knowledge of Virtual Desktop Infrastructure
* Proficient in one or more scripting languages: Python, PHP, Perl, Unix Shell Script, PowerShell, or similar
* Openstack Nova experience ideal but not required.
* Experience working with Storage Appliances such as HPe Nimble, EMC, NetApp and others.
* An Ideal candidate should have experience with Hyper Converged (HCI) environments.
* Active Directory background experience including forest migrations. Powershell scripting for Server 2012/2016 core environments preferred.
* SaaS, PaaS experience with AWS or Azure. P2C,V2C workload migration experience ideal but not required.
* Implement and adopt server security (hardening) best practices.
* Working experience implementing backup solutions such as Veeam, Arcserve and others.
* Experience performing Windows Failover Clustering for roles such as File Server, Storage Replica.
* Experience in F5/Kemp/Netscaler Load balancers ideal
* Intimate knowledge of complex system and solution architectures
* Working knowledge of general client and server operating systems and back-office applications, including but not limited to the Microsoft Windows Operating System (multiple versions), Microsoft Office, Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Outlook, etc.
* Strong communication skills in the English language, with the ability to communicate clearly with both technical and non-technical personnel in high-stress situations. Previous client facing support/experience preferred.
* Ability to work in a self-directed manner on multiple tasks or projects, with excellent organizational and time-management skills.
* High level of professionalism, particularly working with and assisting clients with technical questions and issues.
* Ability to produce and maintain documentation of information security systems using a variety of tools (i.e. Microsoft Word, Microsoft Visio, Microsoft Excel, Microsoft SharePoint, etc.)
* Must meet all requirements to obtain a Federal Transportation Workers Identification Card (TWIC)
* Ability to travel up to 20%, when needed
* Advanced knowledge of VMware applications
* Working knowledge of IP internetworking, Storage technologies, operating systems
* Manufacturer certifications (Cisco, Juniper, HP, etc.) for technical knowledge and product-specific skills
* VMware VCAP or equivalent preferred
* Current EMC certifications are highly desirable but not required
* Certification and/or experience working in an ITIL or IT Service Management environment preferred