Why choose between doing meaningful work and having a fulfilling life? At MITRE, you can have both. That's because MITRE people are committed to tackling our nation's toughest challenges-and we're committed to the long-term well-being of our employees. MITRE is different from most technology companies. We are a not-for-profit corporation chartered to work for the public interest, with no commercial conflicts to influence what we do. The R&D centers we operate for the government create lasting impact in fields as diverse as cybersecurity, healthcare, aviation, defense, and enterprise transformation. We're making a difference every day-working for a safer, healthier, and more secure nation and world. Our workplace reflects our values. We offer competitive benefits, exceptional professional development opportunities, and a culture of innovation that embraces diversity, inclusion, flexibility, collaboration, and career growth. If this sounds like the choice you want to make, then choose MITRE-and make a difference with us.
The MITRE Naval Division delivers innovative concepts, technologies, and methodologies enabling current and future Naval superiority. Risk takers skilled in recognizing agility across a complex enterprise will find a home in the Naval Division where their skills will push the boundaries of military data analytics and operations research. This position requires creative problem solving through novel applications of data science, operations research and analysis, systems engineering, and enterprise architecture. The ideal candidate will enjoy working with diverse teams on a variety of problem sets in a dynamic environment.
* Collaborate closely with our sponsor and our team to identify critical problems and needs of the Marine Corps and develop approaches to address them
* Contribute by applying engineering skills, experience and domain knowledge in performing analysis resulting in innovative solutions and well-informed recommendations that drive the Marine Corps' most critical decisions
* Provide leadership both as a technical thought leader and functionally leading projects, tasks and teams delivering capabilities and solutions to the sponsor
* Collaborate across the organization in order to leverage diverse thought and solutions to our sponsor problems
* BS and 8 years related experience
* Applicants selected for this position will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information or applicants who are eligible for security clearances
* Possess a Secret level security clearance
* M.S. in systems engineering, modeling and simulation, data science or related technical degree
* Demonstrated experience in performing impactful analytical work
* Ability to communicate clearly and concisely (oral and written)
* Scientific/engineering educational background
* Obtain and maintain a Top Secret level security clearance
* Substantial experience working with the Marine Corps
* Possess a Top Secret level security clearance