Mavenir is purpose-built to redefine mobile network economics for Communication Service Providers (CSPs). Our innovative solutions pave the way to 5G with 100% software-based, end-to-end, Cloud Native network solutions. Leveraging industry-leading firsts in VoLTE, VoWiFi, Advanced Messaging (RCS), Multi-ID, vEPC and Cloud RAN, Mavenir accelerates network transformation for more than 250+ CSP customers in over 130 countries, serving over 50% of the world's subscribers.
Mavenir is looking for a passionate and self-directed senior systems engineer within its Mobile Networking division to specify and drive the development of virtualized mobile core products based on its innovative virtualized platform. The ideal candidate will have a strong background architecting and specifying requirements for 3GPP based products, familiarity with NFV standards & ecosystem and passion for influencing development for a disruptive product and solution in a competitive marketplace.
The Senior Systems Engineer will be expected to innovate and think out of the box on a regular basis leveraging an innovative virtualized platform for telco applications, enhanced with Mavenir intellectual property at the intersection of virtualization, mobile networking, and data analytics.
* Define the overall architecture, external interfaces and detailed functional description of the solution
* Perform technical evaluations of major system enhancements and major new customer requirements
* Create detailed system level functional requirements and specifications
* Monitor standards body activities to and participate (if necessary) to influence the industry with an innovative vision of the company
* Identify opportunities for innovation and market disruption.
* Provide active support for, product management, pre-sales, and marketing activities including technical solutions support in the RFI/RFP response.
* Provide system level technical support in customer meetings
* Work closely with engineering and QA teams to drive the timely and quality release of new products and features
* Provide guidance and leadership to junior members of the team
* Possess a sound understanding of essential elements of Systems engineering including how to convey requirements to development and QA teams
* In-depth knowledge on mobile networks, especially on LTE standards in the core network and the interface between the radio network and core network. Additional knowledge on the RAN standards is a plus.
* Familiarity with NFV standards and ecosystem.
* Excellent inter-personal and leadership skills.
* Outstanding verbal and written communication skills
* Excellent presentation skills for a variety of audiences including executives, partners, and customers.
* Ability to quickly grasp and adapt to new technologies and concepts.
* BS Degree in EE or CS. MS Degree highly desirable
* At least 10+ years' experience in the telecommunication industry in systems engineering roles
Mavenir is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with physical and mental disabilities. If you are a US applicant in need of special assistance or an accommodation while seeking employment, please e-mail email@example.com or call: +1-469-916-4393. We will make a determination on your request for reasonable accommodation on a case-by-case basis.
Mavenir is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer and welcomes qualified applicants from around the world, regardless of their ethnicity, gender, religion, nationality, age, disability, or other legally protected status.