The Fluke engineering team in Everett, WA seeks an experienced systems design engineer to work within a fast-paced and collaborative team. Our team is an industry leader in high quality Test & Measurement tools, including meters, infrared cameras and process calibrators.
As a member of Fluke's engineering team, the candidate will be responsible for leading the design and implementation of imaging product platforms for sophisticated Test & Measurement solutions, including product design and manufacturing.
* Product design starts with the development of the product specification including deep knowledge of customer needs, ramps through the active engineering cycle and is an essential part of the transitions from concept to design to manufacturing to customer support.
* Manufacturing development includes supply chain selection and cultivation, production strategy development and evolution as well as the design of production flow.
The role requires a person adept at interacting with a diverse and skilled team of engineers, operations leaders and business leaders, collaborating on work tasks across sites and functions, and thriving in situations with high levels of ambiguity.
* Research, codify and champion product architecture(s) for Test & Measurement products.
* Lead program swim lanes as SME and team leader; lead programs as Chief Engineer.
* Mentor the entire team in design excellence; evaluate projects and designs to promote continuous improvement.
* Lead and support advanced research and product development efforts.
* Champion company and industry standards for electrical, mechanical and software development, including project planning, documentation, design reviews, system testing and metrology, project status reporting, and configuration management.
* Bachelor's or Master's degree in Computer Science, Computer, Electrical, Mechanical or Systems Engineering, with a minimum of 10 years practical experience in product development and manufacturing systems design.
* Strong problem-solving skills. Highly motivated and productive.
* Ability to quickly and independently learn new technologies.
* Strong interpersonal, written and oral communications skills.
* Ability to work independently and on project teams.