Title Systems Administrator Tier 3 Job Reference 19-0180 Post Date 7/9/2019 CARC Yes City/Location Washington DC State VA Point of Hire Seattle, WA Company DDATA - DesignDATA Reports To Program Director Type of Position Regular Full-Time FLSA Status Exempt Description JOB SUMMARY: The Systems Administrator TIER 3 is responsible for leading the management, upgrades, and troubleshooting of all aspects of our customers' IT infrastructure.
* Serve as the technical lead/oversee customer on-boarding activities.
* Participate in setting the strategic and technical direction for designDATA's core vendor partnerships and assist in managing vendor relationships.
* Manage multiple projects simultaneously, and effectively manage project teams.
* Design and lead an install of the primary operational and service platforms in use by designDATA and provide a professional assessment of an existing installation.
* Design and lead an install of all the elements of a customer's IT environment.
* Design and lead an install of systems comprising an end user's environment.
* Design and conduct effective data analysis on designDATA's operational and financial data.
* Assist in business decisions and business intelligence regarding our software tools and services we provide to our customers, including setting prices, profitability goals, and guiding sales strategy.
* Serve as escalation point for response to technical issues related to server virtualization, shared storage, high availability, and network communications in a datacenter environment.
* Manage, configure, support, and troubleshoot designDATA's primary operational and service platforms.
* Confidently use and interact with operational and service platforms (Kaseya, IT Glue, ConnectWise, etc).
* Troubleshoot and resolve issues with customer business applications, system access, desktop hardware, and network communication, both at a customer site and remotely.
* Participate in Event Management, including triaging alerts, diagnosing technical problems, implementing corrective action, and following standard procedures for incident response.
* Schedule labor resources and provide long-term capacity planning.
* Serve as an SME and provide escalation support and technical guidance to less senior designDATA technical staff.
* Manage, configure, support, and troubleshoot almost all of the elements of a customer's IT and end user environments without assistance.
* CompTIA A+ Certification Required
* Microsoft Office Specialist Required
* Microsoft 365 Certified: Modern Desktop Administrator Associate Required
* One intermediate certification (such as a Microsoft MCSA or Cisco CCNA) Required
* One advanced certification (such as a Microsoft MCSE or Cisco CCDP) Required
* Attain either a second intermediate certifications (such as a Microsoft MCSA or Cisco CCNA) or a second advanced certification (such as a Microsoft MCSE or Cisco CCDP) within first seven months in this role and keep them current.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
* Good verbal, written, and telephone communication skills
* Solid problem-solving skills
* Good organizational and time management skills
* Strong customer service skills
* Required experience with the following:
o ConnectWise or similar ticket or case management system
o Microsoft Office applications
o Kaseya or similar remote access software
o Windows workstation installation and configuration
o Hardware and networking topology
o Configure and troubleshoot Office 365
o Configure and troubleshoot VMWare
o Configure and troubleshoot Windows Server
o Configure/deploy workstations using MDT (Microsoft Deployment Toolkit)
o Configure and troubleshoot network switches, firewalls, and wireless access points
* High school diploma or GED required; prefer Associate's degree or higher
* 12+ months of relevant experience in a technical help desk environment
* 36+ months of relevant experience in a systems administration role
* Valid driver's license, insurance and reliable personal vehicle
WORKING ENVIRONMENT: The majority of work is performed in a professional office setting with a wide variety of people with differing functions, personalities and abilities.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The individual will be subject to sedentary work with the majority of hours in a professional office environment, and will need to be able to quickly respond to a change in work demands. The individual is required to have close visual acuity to perform activities such as viewing a computer terminal. Occasionally lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects (1-40 lbs.) are required.
REASONABLE ACCOMODATION: It is design DATA, Inc.'s business philosophy and practice to provide reasonable accommodations, according to applicable state and federal laws, to all qualified individuals with physical or mental disabilities.
PREFERENCE STATEMENT: design Data, Inc. grants preference to qualified Doyon Shareholders first, and second to qualified shareholders of other Alaska Native corporations that grant a similar preference in all phases of employment and training, which include, but are not limited to hiring, promotion, layoff, transfer, and training.
PAY TRANSPARENCY STATEMENT: design Data, Inc. will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of the other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee(s) incumbent in this position. Employee(s) will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties requested by any person authorized to give instructions or assignments.
A review of this position has excluded marginal functions of the position that are incidental to the performance of fundamental job duties. All duties and responsibilities are essential job functions and requirements and are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. To perform this job successfully, the incumbent(s) will possess the skills, aptitudes and abilities to perform each duty proficiently. Some requirements may exclude individuals who pose a direct threat or significant risk to the health or safety of themselves or others. The requirements listed in this document are the minimum levels of knowledge, skills or abilities.
Apply Online at www.doyon.com
We are a Federal Contractor and comply with the Vietnam Era Veterans Readjustment Assistance Act (VEVRAA).
We are an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law and the poster is available
http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf. For questions on the job posting contact (253) 344-5300
If you need assistance or special accommodations during the application process, please contact the appropriate Human Resources Department at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Only qualified applicants will be notified. Apply On-line Send This Job to a Friend
* Contact Us
© Doyon Limited.