For 30 years, clients in the private and public sectors have relied upon SOS International LLC (SOSi) for critical operations in the world's most challenging environments. SOSi is privately held, was founded by its current ownership in 1989, maintains corporate headquarters in Reston, VA, and specializes in providing logistics, construction, training, intelligence, and information technology solutions to the defense, diplomatic, intelligence and law enforcement communities.
All interested individuals will receive consideration and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, or protected veteran status. SOSi takes affirmative action in support of its policy to advance diversity and inclusion of individuals who are minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities.
5-180918-7827: Systems Administrator
LocationU.S. - Virginia - Arlington Open Date6/5/2019 JOB DESCRIPTION STG, Inc., a wholly owned subsidiary of SOSi, is seeking a Systems Administrator to support the Department of Homeland Security in Arlington, VA. The selected applicant will become part of the United States Computer Emergency Readiness Team (US-CERT), responsible for analyzing and reducing cyber threats and vulnerabilities, disseminating cyber threat warning information, and coordinating incident response activities. The ideal candidate will be skilled in operating systems administration, installation, configuration, and troubleshooting across multiple platforms (Linux, Windows, OS X).
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES
* Install, configure, and maintain multiple vendor specific devices
* Ability to design, build, and maintain lab network and servers
* Proficient in OSX, Linux, and Windows
* Experience with VMWare virtualization software
* Efficiently facilitate and expedite the tracking, handling, and reporting of all security events and computer incidents in accordance with government procedures.
* Work with other Team members to ensure an effective and efficient cyber incident management system for a Federal government customer.
* Responsible for implementing server configurations, operating systems, firewalls, patch management, and account management to protect the systems against threats and vulnerabilities
* Repair and recover from hardware or software failures. Coordinate and communicate with impacted constituencies
* Apply OS patches and upgrades on a regular basis, and upgrade administrative tools and utilities. Configure / add new services as necessary
* Research and recommend innovative, and where possible automated approaches for system administration tasks
* Develop and maintain installation and configuration procedures
* Perform regular file archival and purge as necessary
* Perform periodic performance reporting to support capacity planning
* Perform ongoing performance tuning, hardware upgrades, and resource optimization as required
* Configure CPU, memory, and disk partitions as required
* Top Secret Security Clearance with the ability to obtain a TS/SCI is required. In addition, selected candidate must be able to obtain and maintain a favorably adjudicated DHS background investigation (EOD) for continued employment.
* Bachelors Degree in a related field
* Security+ or other industry standard certification
* This position may be filled at multiple grades based on experience: Minimum of 2 years related technical experience for a level 2 role, minimum of 5 years related technical experience for a level 3 role, minimum of 9 years related technical experience for a level 4 role
* Ability to understand and learn technical specifications, system requirements and other application design information as needed
* Proficiency in Linux/Windows/OSX system administration
* Understanding of Network Routing, Switching, Firewalls, and infrastructure
* vSphere Administration experience
* Experience writing scripts to monitor system services, resources, data mine logs, etc
* Current active DHS SCI and EOD.
* Previous experience developing Python/Bash/Perl or similar scripts.
* Fluency in a foreign language.
* Normal office working conditions with possible requirement to lift and/or move objects or packages of up to 25 lbs.