Location: Remote - Dallas, Texas, United States
Type of Employee: Full Time - One Year Contract
Vocera has one mission: to simplify and improve the lives of healthcare professionals, patients, and families. Founded in 2000, we changed the way care teams communicate. Today, we continue to offer the leading platform for clinical communication and workflow. About 1,400 hospitals and health systems around the world use Vocera solutions. Our platform provides software for voice, secure text messaging, and patient engagement. It integrates with more than 140 clinical and operational systems: EHRs, nurse call, physiologic monitors, and more, with event-driven alarm management. Our wide choice of devices includes smartphones and hands-free wearables. Vocera is headquartered in San Jose, Calif., with offices in Tennessee, Indiana Canada, India, United Arab Emirates, and the United Kingdom. Learn more at www.vocera.com, and follow @VoceraComm on Twitter.
Position Description: Vocera is seeking an experienced Systems Administrator to aid with implementing and providing systems administration for one of Vocera's enterprise customers. This position will be responsible for ensuring successful and continued adoption of the overall Vocera solution set. This position is for a one-year contract and reports to the Supervisor, Systems Administrator.
* Manage multiple Vocera databases, establish and document processes for maintaining data integrity; work with clinical departments to keep various database entities up-to-date
* Manage Vocera servers including Vocera software updates, OS maintenance, backups, and collaborate with the customer on anti-virus, server monitoring and disaster recovery practices
* Manage Vocera devices: maintain accurate inventory records; manage the RMA process and spares pool; document all processes
* Train users to use Vocera effectively; collaborate with the customer to establish, document, and deploy sustainable training processes for new hires, current employees and refresher training
* Deliver advanced training and support for super users and clinical educators
* Deliver 'train the trainer' sessions to clinical educators creating a sustainable training process post-contract
* Provide on-site support for reporting and resolving end user issues, including issues with Vocera equipment, database and training and answer end user questions
* Provide on-site support for troubleshooting, resolving and reporting technical issues to the appropriate support organization; collaborate with Vocera Technical Support and the customer's support organization to resolve technical issues; maintain clear documentation on status and resolution of issues using Vocera's chosen case management software
* Review Vocera reports with customer stakeholders; identify opportunities to improve Vocera performance and adoption and take action on implementing the improvements
* Collaborate with the customer to develop and administer end user satisfaction programs, including regular end user satisfaction surveys, per the customer's guidelines
* Extremely detail-oriented; ability to design, implement and execute effective processes resulting in accurate data generation and reporting
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills and a record of providing timely written reports and documentation
* Good judgment and problem solving skills
* Passionate about customer service with a focus on listening skills, outgoing interpersonal skills, and a record of executing closed-loop communication
* Strong ability to develop, implement, and maintain on-going training for new employees and new product features
* Independent worker with strong project management skills, with the ability to ensure goals and objectives are delivered
* BA or BS in a business, MIS or technical field or equivalent
* 5+ years' previous systems administration experience, preferably in a healthcare environment
* Must be a US Citizen
* Demonstrated success providing training in a healthcare environment
* Experience implementing best practices in server maintenance and Windows Server operating system software
* Experience with clinical workflow analysis or process design, managing a database-driven system, and supporting clinical end users
* Experience with Cisco wireless networks and equipment preferred
* Highly proficient with MS Office, especially Excel
* Demonstrated success in delivering excellent customer support
* Minimal travel (10%) within the US may be required
Belief in Diversity
Vocera Communications is an Affirmative Action Employer committed to workforce diversity. Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, color, age, religion, protected veteran or disability status, or genetic information.
Vocera Communications provides mobile communication solutions for hospital staff and mobile workers across diverse enterprise organizations.