The Systems Administrator is responsible for effective provisioning, installation/configuration, operation, and maintenance of systems hardware and software and related infrastructure in Nth's dynamic and fast pace environment. The Systems Administrator has ownership and responsibility for design, implementation, management and ongoing support for all of the Information Technology equipment, networks and systems required for the successful operation of Nth Generation Computing. . The Systems Administrator is also responsible for assisting in the monitoring and/or management of enterprise class data centers for Nth's customers. . In addition, the Systems Administrator will support NthLabs, as well as any Nth technical events including Symposium, on an as needed basis and while always maintaining the Nth Corporate Culture (see Appendix A). The Systems Administrator may be required to work at different times of the day, including nights and weekends, as needed and without prior notice. In this position, the Systems Administrator will be expected to spend some time performing tasks at client sites or attending technical training sessions. This position reports to the VP of Technical Services, who will be the primary supervisor. This position may also take direction from the Chief Technology Officer, Nth Labs Manager and/or an Nth Project Manager(s), depending on the project. This is an hourly, non-exempt position.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES, include, but not limited to, the following:
* Ensures that system hardware, operating systems, software systems, and related procedures adhere to organizational values and best practices. * Provides technical and troubleshooting support to users in need of assistance with their computer hardware or software. * Works as a member of the Nth Generation IT/IS Team and undertakes such maintenance, support and installation of systems and technologies, as designated to ensure the IT system is managed in accordance with best practices and the requirements of Nth Generation Computing. * Utilizes best practices in providing Security and Privacy for all systems and the entire network, from breaches originating both internally and externally, ensuring optimal performance of systems and networks. * Maintains current and comprehensive documentation and inventory list of the Network and all equipment, systems and IT procedures. * Maintains maximum uptime for network and all systems and applications. All scheduled outages should be after hours or weekends. * Responsible for IT infrastructure at Symposium including, AD, networking, wireless, printing and VDI. * Supports all IT equipment and systems at all Nth locations. * Provide input for improvements in software functionality. * Proficient in System Center, Solar Winds, MDM, O365 Administration, Virtualization, Core Networking * Provides Software installation, maintenance, and upgrades, for the following.: * Support Windows 2016/2019 servers, and clients as well as VMware * Microsoft Exchange & O365 * Support VMware Horizon for remote user access to all systems * FileMaker Server and 70+ clients for all critical business applications
* Provides Hardware installation, maintenance, and upgrades. * Provides routine network administration and maintenance. * Supervises Database batches to insure proper backup and maximum availability. * Researches, troubleshoots and advises staff on appropriate action. Leveraging resources to prepare for projects and troubleshooting to resolve issues timely. * Serves as liaison between staff and the IT Department to resolve issues. * Works with staff members on application projects. * Provides recommendations on Nth application purchases. * Documents resolutions for future reference. * Provides Altigen Telephone system maintenance and upgrades. * Assists in the Integration lab, when needed.
Nth Monitoring/Manage Services
* Work as part of a team to monitor and/or manage Nth's clients' IT environments on a daily basis. * Provide thorough and extensive cross-training of all aspects of assigned tasks to other approved IT professionals at Nth. * Perform daily system monitoring, verifying the integrity and availability of all hardware, server resources, systems and key processes, reviewing system and application logs, and verifying completion of scheduled jobs such as backups as outlined in the managed service contract with Nth.
* Carry mobile phone. Make best effort to always respond in a timely manner to calls and e-mails from the office during business hours and may be occasionally called after business hours. * If a company vehicle is not available, provides own transportation and has a reliable vehicle, which is available at all times for immediate dispatch. * Flexible with demands on time and able to deal with frequent and last minute scheduling changes. * A "strong work ethic" with the ability to flex and extend efforts whenever a customer engagement or sales opportunity requires it. This position requires more than 40 hours of work per week plus occasional night and weekend work according to Nth's needs, in order to complete the requirements of the position. * Able to work during Nth Generation's core hours of operation, from 8:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. Must regularly be onsite at the Nth corporate offices during core hours of operation. Flexible to come in early and/or stay late, if there are last minute requirements to perform tasks.
ADDITIONAL RESPONSIBILITIES, include, but not limited to, the following:
* Develop skills to perform assessments and other Nth Professional Services consulting engagements. * Assist the Presales and Technical Engineering teams with tech-edits, troubleshooting, configurations and research, as needed.
* Attend a minimum of 40 hours of technical or product training, per year. Training may be acquired locally, remotely, or virtually. * Attend ongoing training to keep current knowledge base on products we support. * Maintain current certifications, achieves new certifications and keep up-to-date on certifications for new products or services, as directed by Management
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable an otherwise qualified individual with a disability to perform the essential functions.
Education and / or Experience
Three or more years of system administration experience or any equivalent combination of education and experience that demonstrates the ability to perform the key responsibilities of this position.
* Bachelor's degree in computer science preferred. * MCSE is a plus.
Skills, Knowledge and Abilities
Windows System Administration:
* Experience managing Windows server environments * Solid understanding and support of networks, workstations and peripherals * Strong knowledge of domain management and Microsoft Exchange, O365 Administration * Experience with server security, upgrades and deployment * Knowledge of Virtualized environments and VDI solutions * Experience with HPE hardware, systems and storage.
* Must possess the utmost ethical standards and trustworthiness by not sharing privileged passwords, information and/or access to confidential data to other employees or people outside the company. * Ability to communicate complex technical solutions clearly. * Ability to negotiate and strategize scope-of-work requirements with staff and management. * Ability to Plan and Project Manage complex technical projects, while maintaining a calm, efficient, competent, well-organized approach with staff. * Able to exercise tact and diplomacy in dealing with clients and staff. * Ability to learn and retain knowledge of a wide variety of technical information requests, and responds quickly to information requests. * Ability to organize and prioritize work assignments, training schedules, and special requests in an unstructured environment. * Highly developed communications skills for interacting with clients effectively. Can independently handle difficult client situations. * Ability to maintain a courteous, professional manner with clients and staff at all times and work well under stress. * Ability to interface internally with all departments and externally with outside sales, clients, and partners. * Advanced troubleshooting skills. * Excellent written and oral communication skills. * Be a team player, but self-motivated. * Ability to multi-task and adjust to ever changing requirements. * Ability to work effectively under remote supervision.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations:
* Microsoft Certified System Engineer * Cisco Certified Network Associate * Comp TIA A+ certification * VMware Certified Professional desired, but not required. * Drivers' License. * Please refer to attached Certification and Training Specifications for your list of custom requirements.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential function of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable an otherwise qualified individual with a disability to perform the essential functions.
Position requires manual dexterity to perform wo
Let your dream job find you.
Sign up to start matching with top companies. It’s fast and free.