Agility DGS is looking for an experienced Systems Administrator with broad technical skillset.
The Systems Administrator will be responsible for IT operations support and network administration. This individual will also serve as a liaison between the global helpdesk and employees within the DGS US offices.
The right candidate will have a genuine passion and willingness to learn and grow professionally.
Up to 10% Travel required.
Vision - A new logistics leader meeting the challenges of global trade.
Mission - Facilitating trade through innovative supply chain solutions.
Values - Integrity, Personal Ownership, Teamwork, Excellence
* Provide desktop support for computers, printers, multiple office locations to include multi-function printers, Cisco IP desk phones and teleconference rooms
* Responsible for secure network administration - configuration, monitoring, analysis, intrusion detection and prevention, maintenance and upgrades
* Coordinate new hire orientation, onboarding and training for various Agility information systems and processes
* Responsible for PC imaging, configuration, troubleshooting and migration
* Perform helpdesk duties and serve as point of contact between the global helpdesk and our VA offices
* Develop operational procedures and create knowledgebase documents
* Ensure adequate inventory and asset management of all DGS information systems and software
* Other duties as assigned
Required Skills, Knowledge and Experience:
* Associate's or Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related technical discipline
* Advanced Windows OS administration and endpoint management
* At least 4 years' technical experience in a systems engineering or networking role
* Experience with backup and disaster recovery processes
* Experience with Cisco voice and networking solutions
Other Desired Skills and Qualifications:
* Excellent communication skills - Skilled in drafting, editing and reviewing documents
* Extensive desktop support and troubleshooting skills
* Experience with PC imaging, configuration, troubleshooting and repairs
* Comptia A+, Network+, Security+ or MCSE
* CCNP (Routing and Switching) or ability to obtain certification within 6 months
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to sit, talk and hear. A large portion of this position requires the individual be extremely mobile and able to move equipment and move around equipment in high, low, and areas that are not greatly accessible; use hands and fingers to feel, handle, or operate objects, tools, or controls; and reach with hands and arms. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and the ability to adjust focus. The employee will often need lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
The work is performed primarily in an office setting. The noise level in the work environment is moderate.
Communication and Working Relationships
This position drafts and delivers information relating in all formats and to all levels of the organization, often needing to explain systems, policies, or processes clearly and adjusting delivery to the situation and audience.
Works in a team environment, closely with other functional departments and Global Information Technology teams within Agility.
Framework, Boundaries, Decision Making Authority and Responsibility
Supervises no one and is supervised by the Information Systems Security Manager.
Statement of Non-Inclusivity:
This job description is not to be construed as a complete listing of the duties and responsibilities that may be given to any employee. The duties and responsibilities outlined in this position may be added to or changed when deemed appropriate and necessary by the person who is managerially responsible for this position
Equal Opportunity Employer: Agility Defense & Government Services is an Equal Employment/Affirmative Action Employer. As a U.S. Federal Government Contractor we prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, Agility will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.
All terms and conditions of employment, including but not limited to promotion, demotion, transfer, recruiting, layoff, termination, training, compensation inquiries, and rates of pay for employees will be administered without regard to any of the categories listed above.
Certified Virginia Values Veterans (V3) Company: Agility Defense & Government Services is a Virginia Values Veterans (V3) certified company and seeks to hire qualified Veterans.