Aruba, a Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company, is a leading provider of next-generation network access solutions for the mobile enterprise: http://www.arubanetworks.com/company/about-us.
Systems Engineer Manager
* Manages a group of presales professionals in one or more of the Presales Functions (Technical Consultant, Technical Client Consultant, and Enterprise Architects). Responsible for setting the direction, managing the deliverables of the assigned group, and achieving revenue and expense objectives. Resolves customer problems and contributes to customer satisfaction. Responsible for representing assigned area to all levels of sales and other company management. Where appropriate, seeks to build strategic executive relationships with external clients and internally within company, and partners with internal and external resources to develop best-in-class solutions for customer. Manages the performance of individual contributors and the team overall, and grows and develops talent within the organization.
* Managing the Business * Manages a group of Presales resources to provide account support or shared resource support. * Resource management & Intra-Region support - Creates presales utilization plans that reflect the requirements and opportunities within area of control. * Actively collaborates with peers to address regional presales coverage gaps and leverage technical expertise where warranted to win opportunities for the company. * Partnering with Sales & acct. planning - Assists in planning sales strategy; collaborates within the company and with the field to prioritize, facilitate and direct the use of resources; works with Sales managers to assess sales pipelines in area of control to ensure appropriate and timely utilization of presales support.
* Business acumen * Continuously monitors, troubleshoots, and improves area-of-control operations to ensure alignment with the company's business direction, the quality of business practices, optimum organizational performance and a highly motivated presales force. * Understands business, financial and legal concepts to develop meaningful business recommendations.
* Leading & Managing Presales People * Coaching - Assesses and manages employee performance to ensure individual and group excellence; counsels and supports individuals through selling challenges; manages performance and results of high and low performers. * Leadership - Models effective selling skills; motivates and supports presales teams; demonstrates a high level of support in the pursuit and closing of deals. * People development - Nurtures and advances the talent required to maintain company presales force excellence within area of control; sponsors and directs skill building activities to increase the productivity and accomplishments of the presales force; ensures strong technical acumen across the group needed to support sales.
* Selling as a Presales Manager * Focuses on strategic direction- understands the overall company/BU strategic direction and portfolio, and can assist sales teams in customizing solutions based on client needs. * Consultative selling - strategizes with and coaches their team on how to apply consultative-selling techniques to advance sales opportunities; demonstrates client-sensitive practices within the account(s) and internal gate-keeping within the company to support building strategic trusted advisor status. * Financial selling - employs a financial selling approach to meet customer needs; works with team to build business cases that link proposals to customer's goals, strategies and relevant business metrics, and that demonstrate industry and competitive proficiency.
Education and Experience Required:
* University or Bachelor's degree. * Typically 7+ years experience in sales. * Directly related management experience and work results including success in supporting the achievement of progressively higher quota or other sales related goals. * Demonstrated level of project management skills. * Additional specialized knowledge in breadth and/or depth
Knowledge and Skills:
In addition to core technical skills:
* Business Management * Forecast/Budget Control Operations. * Building/ Improvement. * Resource Brokering/ Allocation. * Management of business processes.
* Business Development * Strategic Account Support. * Negotiation skills within the company.
* Consultative Selling * Presentation and communication skills. * Ability to develop strong customer relationships. * Consultative, solution selling and business development skills.
* Workforce Planning & Development * Workforce Planning. * Career Planning & Development.
The company designs and delivers Mobility-Defined Networks that empower IT departments and #GenMobile, a new generation of tech-savvy users who rely on their mobile devices for every aspect of work and personal communication. To create a mobility experience that #GenMobile and IT can rely upon, Aruba Mobility-Defined Networks™ automate infrastructure-wide performance optimization and trigger security actions that used to require manual IT intervention. The results are dramatically improved productivity and lower operational costs."
EG (Enterprise Group)
Enterprise Group works to streamline innovation and simplify IT with superior solutions. By combining ESSN (Enterprise Server, Storage and Networking) and Technology Services into one division, we gain a strategic advantage in our focus on "Converged Infrastructure". The HPE Enterprise Group supports our customers with the transformation and integration of their technology. We are there for our customers - come join us!
What We Offer
At Aruba, a Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company, we offer an exciting and fun work culture, driving innovation, collaboration, and growth. We place our customers first, deliver some of the most innovative technologies to the market, and have fun doing it all! Come join our team and be part of an exciting organization poised for success!
Aruba, a Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other protected characteristic. The EEO is the Law poster is available at http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf.
Hewlett Packard Enterprise is EEO F/M/Protected Veteran/ Individual with Disabilities.
HPE will comply with all applicable laws related to the use of arrest and conviction records, including the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and similar laws and will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories.
About Hewlett Packard Enterprise
Hewlett Packard Enterprise operates as a technology company.