Designs, develops, supports, and maintains the organization's systems infrastructure, including the implementation and design of hardware and software such as Active Directory, Microsoft Office 365, Scripting, MS management tools including SCCM and SCOM, SAN storage, Cloud Resources, Citrix, and Vmware. Analyzes, develops, modifies, tests and maintains the system. Makes updates to system related installation documentation. Under general direction, provides configuration, installation, and Tier 3 or 4 support of systems. Responsible for evaluating and troubleshooting current systems. Schedules installations and upgrades and maintains them in accordance with established IT policies and procedures. Monitors and tunes systems to achieve optimum performance levels. Ensures workstation/server data integrity by evaluating, implementing and managing appropriate software and hardware solutions. Develops and promotes standard operating procedures. Conducts routine hardware and software audits of workstations and servers to ensure compliance with established standards, policies, and configuration guidelines. Develops and maintains a comprehensive operating system hardware and software configuration database/library of all supporting documentation. Works on complex problems where analysis of situation requires in-depth evaluation of various factors. Plans large scale systems projects through vendor comparison and cost studies. Compute and Storage architecture and design.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
* Planning, configuration and installation of corporate information systems running Microsoft Windows Server operating systems.
* Planning, configuration and tier 3/4 support of Microsoft Office 365, Exchange Server, Unified Messaging, Scripting, SCCM, Active Directory/LDAP, Azure, DNS, ADFS, and Internet Information Server (IIS) systems in a distributed environment.
* Planning, configuration, administration and tier 3/4 support of Cisco UCS, NetApp, EMC, and Tintri storage, Vmware ESXi and Citrix.
* Engineering of Systems related solutions for various project and operational needs.
* Experience with performing support and administrative tasks within Amazon Web Services AWS, VM Ware, OpenStack, or other cloud infrastructure technologies.
* Proficient in scripting and one or more programming languages Python, Ruby, Perl, PowerShell, Bash Experience with Infrastructure provisioning tools such as Docker, Chef, Puppet, Ansible, CloudFormation.
* Performs structured and documented problem-solving activities including root cause analysis, corrective action identification and validation of action effectiveness.
* Implementation of software upgrades, including firmware revisions, operating systems, production software upgrades and other enhancements as required.
* Assist in the integration of acquired companies and technologies impacting infrastructure.
* Research new technologies and make recommendations for hardware, software, network and process/procedure improvements.
* Creates and maintains documentation such as hardware inventories, floor plans, and technology roadmaps as well as operational policies and procedures.
* Works directly with business units to ensure appropriate service levels are maintained.
* Provide on call support on a rotating basis to resolve system/application issues after normal business hours
* Proficient in monitoring and logging tools such as Splunk, ELK Stack Elasticsearch, Logstash, and Kibana.
* Varied working hours may be required to accomplish technical solutions.
* Some travel required.
* Adhere to all company policies and procedures.
Non-Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
* Perform other duties as assigned.
4-year degree in computer science or related field or equivalent experience required. MCSE, MCP, ITIL, and A+ certification preferred.
8+ years' experience in server architecture and engineering including experience/exposure in the following technologies: Microsoft operating systems, Vmware ESXi, Cisco UCS, Microsoft SCCM, Scripting, Azure and cloud technologies.
8+ years experience in the administration of Active Directory and Exchange
8+ years experience in the administration of SCCM and Scripting.
3+ years experience in the administration of Office 365.
Exposure to Azure/AWS cloud services.
Knowledge and Skills:
* Expert knowledge and experience in the deployment and maintenance of Microsoft Server technologies including Active Directory, Exchange, System Center Configuration Manager, ADFS, DNS, and IIS.
* Experience with Citrix server and network environments
* Experience with cloud technology including Azure and Office 365.
* Experience with developing systems policies, procedures and documentation.
* Knowledge of commonly used concepts, practices and policies within the information services field required.
* Effective oral, written and interpersonal communication skills.
Compensation: DOE + bonus eligible