To apply to a Varex Imaging position, please create an account and sign-in.
CURRENT VAREX IMAGING EMPLOYEES: Please apply by logging into your internal Workday Account.
Want to be added to our Talent Community? Click Here
SummaryAnalyzes, designs, programs, debugs, and modifies software enhancements and/or new products used in local, networked, cloud-based or Internet-related computer programs. Code may be used in commercial or end-user applications, such as materials management, financial management, HRIS, mobile apps or desktop applications products. Using current programming language and technologies, writes code, completes programming, and performs testing and debugging of applications. Completes documentation and procedures for installation and maintenance. May interact with users to define system requirements and/or necessary modifications. This job should be matched by companies that develop applications software.
Varex Software Solution Group is seeking Software Engineer to join our dynamic software team to develop and maintain our cutting-edge software products in medical imaging, industrial NDT and security cargo screening applications.
The candidate shall have good knowledge of latest Windows 10 application development using Microsoft .NET environment; A motivated self-starter who desires to achieve technical excellence; Strong analytical skill to solve technical problems; Familiar with Agile software development methodologies; Proficient in .NET application development using C#, XAML, C++, software debugging, performance tuning, etc. Prior experience in image processing algorithm implementation, medical device software development, DICOM or DICONDE knowledge are a plus.
* Follow the internally established product design control process
* Analyze product requirements
* Work with cross functional team members to conduct reviews
* Scoping and estimation of project tasks
* Develop technical design document
* Implement software functional modules
* Perform unit and integrated tests
* Debug and support the existing software products
* Work within the team to conduct periodical technical review for improvement
Other duties as assigned.
Proficient in using C#, XAML, C++, latest .NET framework, Microsoft Visual Studio 2015 or later; 2-3 years commercial software development experience preferably in the areas of medical or industrial imaging, high-performance graphical, interactive software applications; Good knowledge and experience in GUI development using WPF/XAML, MVVM; Experience in database application, Entity Framework; Understanding of human factor design is preferred; Strong software design, implementation, coding, debugging skills; Work quickly with a high level of accuracy and high quality deliverables on time; Experienced in software development process and workflow as well as use of software configuration management tools; Strong analytical, oral and written communication skills. Able to work independently and with a team; Demonstrable work history / experience as self-motivated, high performance software developer is desired.
Requires B.S. degree or higher in Computer Science. Although we prefer minimum of 2 years of commercial software development experience, the college graduates from M.S. program in Computer Science with high academic standing are also welcomed to apply.
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND CERTIFICATIONS
Required Certifications and Training
* Obtains and completes LMS training plan specific to assigned responsibility.
Experience Level with Business Tools
* Proficient in utilizing business tools such as: E-mail, Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
* Experience with SAP or equivalent ERP product and productivity software desired.
* Developing professional skills and experience.
* Works on problems of diverse scope where analysis of situations or data requires a review of a variety of factors. Exercises independent judgment and discretion in solving complex business problems.
* Builds productive internal/external working relationships.
* Normally receives general instructions on new projects or assignments.
Typical Education and Experience
* Bachelors Degree (or equivalent experience)
* and/or 2-5 years of related experience or Masters Degree with no or little experience.
ENVIRONMENT AND PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS
Environment and Physical Demands
* As described in the job posting
Ability to Travel
* Travel may be required. See the job posting for more information.
Pay Rate Type:
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.