Help Duties Summary
WHAT IS THE FACILITIES MANAGEMENT & SECURITY SERVICES (FMSS) DIVISION? FACILITIES MANAGEMENT & SECURITY SERVICES (FMSS) DIVISION customers are IRS employees. FMSS identifies and delivers value-added, cost efficient, shared service solutions, that facilitate the success of the IRS mission.
See Other Information for Locations
Learn more about this agency
WHAT DOES A SUPPORT SERVICES SPECIALIST (PROJECT MANAGER) DO? As a Support Services Project Manager you will provide technical advice, consultation, and assistance to management on a wide range of project and programs. In this role, you will have broad responsibility and authority for accomplishing the implementation of major real estate projects. You will work with many of the business divisions to ensure they have the real estate and space necessary to meet their needs, managing projects involving major contracts, and budgets in the millions at times.
As a Support Services Specialist (Project Manager) you will:
* Consult to define the full range of implementation aspects and monitoring progress.
* Conduct technical reviews to ascertain compliance with all statutory, regulatory, and customer requirements.
* Utilize project management skills addressing areas with project requirement issues.
* Initiate briefings and prepare comprehensive reports to fully appraise project plans.
* Negotiate to obtain needed resources and support.
* Direct the development and accomplishment of employee training.
* Articulate authoritative information and policy; facilitating the resolution of controversial/sensitive issues through creative methods and techniques.
* Ensure that projects meet regulations and policies relative to real estate management.
WHERE CAN I FIND OUT MORE ABOUT OTHER IRS CAREERS? If you want to find out more about IRS careers, visit us on the web at http://www.jobs.irs.gov/
50% or less - 6 TO 10 NIGHTS PER MONTH
* Job family (Series)
0342 Support Services Administration
Help Requirements Conditions of Employment
* Refer to Other Information
* Click "Print Preview" to review the entire announcement before applying.
* Must be a U.S. Citizen or National
* IRS Employees with Career or Career Conditional Appointments
You must meet the following requirements by the closing date of this announcement.
GS-12 LEVEL: You must have 1 year of specialized experience at a level of difficulty and responsibility equivalent to the GS-11 grade level in the Federal service. Specialized experience for this position includes: demonstrating knowledge of the methods and procedures for providing or performing a variety of functions and services applicable to the position to be filled; ability to plan, organize and control work involving diverse activities; ability to gain cooperation and coordinate the work of others; and skill in oral and written communications. Specifically, your experience must be sufficient to demonstrate your ability to implementing real estate projects; ability to manage the projects design and construction awarded under the IRS REFM Internal Leasing Program; ability to prepare work plans and schedules for various phases of project accomplishment, and continually monitoring the project status and coordinating the impact with all affected employees and managers. To be qualifying, your experience should include responsibility for monitoring progress, identifying customer needs and requirements and conducting analysis of data. You must also demonstrate the ability to provide authoritative technical advice pertaining to the availability, acquisition, and use; establishing systems to review and control, on project status; project management skills in the accomplishment of work assignments; and negotiating skills to obtain needed resources and support and communicate workplace standards required in the property management program.
* The experience may have been gained in the public sector, private sector or Volunteer Service. One year of experience refers to full-time work; part-time work is considered on a prorated basis. -To ensure full credit for your work experience, please indicate dates of employment by month/year, and indicate number of hours worked per week, on your resume.
In addition to the above requirements, you must meet the following, if applicable:
You must have been at the GS-11 level for 52 weeks (time-in-grade requirement).