The Support Escalation Engineer is a technical leader who will have the opportunity to solve technically complex problems for some of the world's largest companies, as well as smaller companies on the leading edge of their industry. As a trusted advisor to IT Professionals and Developers, you will have influence over a broad range of solutions that create business value for our customers. Your technical and relationship skills are critical to the success of the customer's perception of value to the Microsoft solution.
At Microsoft Global Business Support (GBS), the sentence: "That's not our problem" doesn't exist in our lexicon. With more than 7,000 employees, we deliver world-class assistance around the clock to businesses, partners and developers in 24 languages.
The Support Escalation Engineer - You will use advanced troubleshooting methods and tools to solve technically complex problems. These highly complex escalated problems require broad, in-depth product knowledge and may include support of additional product lines. You also have the opportunity to assist in the growth of other Engineers through mentoring, training scenarios and collaboration during problem solving. This will allow the freedom to broadly enable customer self-help by creating leveraged resources, automated self-help solutions, and sharing your expertise via social media. We'll provide you with abundant resources, including a rich content library, advanced diagnostic tools, and access to other Microsoft experts.
* 3+ years Strong network and/or VoIP experience with underlying technologies such as Routing & Switching Protocols, TCP/, DNS, QoS, SIP, VLANs, and WAN protocols and technologies is ideal.
* Advanced skills in troubleshooting, organization, communication, and collaboration.
* Proven knowledge and experience with the deployment of supporting technologies, such as: networking, Directory Services, SQL, and/or Exchange.
* Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, Information Systems, or the equivalent industry experience and certifications.
* Candidates should have five years or more experience in the design, planning, implementation and management of IT solutions.
* Previous experience deploying, administrating and/or supporting Enterprise Unified Communications solutions that include VoIP, IM, real-time communications, UM, such as OCS/Lync/Skype for Business, Jabber, Exchange, or Cisco WebEX is highly desired but not required.
* Ability to analyze and interpret data captures and trace logs to resolve customer issues in production environments specific to authentication, network connectivity, messaging, SIP or VoIP and Unified Communications.
* Initiative to develop expertise on new technologies beyond the provided classroom training.
* Candidates with strong and lengthy experience in supporting complex, enterprise solutions and networking operating systems (preferably Windows Server, but not limited to) for 3 years or more will be considered even when the above qualifications may not all be present.
* Desired background in VoIP, PSTN converged voice and data IP communications packages, VoIP Hosted PBX, SIP trunks, all-in-one voice and video web conferencing, network monitoring and diagnosis.
* Programming and debugging skills are a plus but not required. The ability to read and analyze network traces is ideal.
* Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include, but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings:
1. Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud background check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
* Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
As a Support Escalation Engineer you will represent Microsoft and communicate with corporate customers via telephone, written correspondence, or electronic service regarding technically complex escalated problems in Microsoft software products, and manage relationships with those customers.
It's your chance to:
* Demonstrate strong interpersonal and communication skills, while working with diverse audiences including highly technical IT professionals, developers, architects, and executive management.
* Exhibit leadership through personal responsibility, accountability and teamwork.
* Act as a technical focal point in cooperative relationships with other companies.
* Manage crisis situations that may involve technically challenging issues and diverse audiences.
* Be responsive to customer needs which may sometimes require outside of normal business hours or on-call rotation.
* Use trace analysis, debug skills, source code, and other proprietary tools, to analyze problems and develop solutions to meet customer needs; this may involve writing code.
* Maintain strong working knowledge of released products, take ownership for product improvement, and participate in pre-release activities and BETA programs.
* Lead triage meetings to share knowledge with other engineers and develop customer solutions efficiently.
Microsoft is a technology company that develops and supports software, services, and devices.