The Claymation team is looking for a Support Engineer.
The AWS Claymation team works with and supports the services and tools which support AWS - like CloudFormation and CloudTrail. As a member of this team, you will be exposed to most AWS services and technologies. Our support engineers work in a fast-paced environment with our multi-disciplined service teams to deliver these cutting-edge services to our customers. Claymation team members own the scaling and management of services across AWS regions supporting the US Government.
AWS is looking for engineers passionate about both development and operations. The candidate should have a strong desire to learn and be curious about Amazon's internal and external services. This is a true DevOps role; you will be both allowed and expected to follow problems all the way to the end and work on implementing real solutions and not just quick fixes. A candidate who wants to go deep and understand how these large systems work will get a chance to excel in this position.
A Claymation Support Engineer will:
* work with other engineers and service teams to build, manage massively scaled services and diagnose, resolve customer issues
* perform code builds, deployments and read complex service code
* track the health of our services, identify and fix problems on complex systems with massive scale
* refine operational process and procedures
* participate in team planning and lead small projects
* mentor junior team members
* develop simple tools and scripts
* monitor metrics and dashboards to maintain service SLA's
The candidate should have a solid understanding of Linux operating systems, to including at least half of the following:
* Various distros and their corresponding package management tools
* Permissions and permissions management
* Log parsing using grep, awk, sed, cut, tr, etc
* Network tools (ip, ifconfig, netstat, tcpdump, strace, netcat, ping, telnet, etc)
* System Monitoring Tools (top, *stat tools, etc)
* DNS and tools (bind, host, dig, nslookup, etc)
This position can consider candidates for the Herndon, VA or Seattle, WA locations.
If you're interested in learning more about this role and others that are similar, please join AWS recruiters at our next virtual open house: https://app.brazenconnect.com/a/AWS/s/4LoBX/next?utm_medium=Career+Sites&utm_source=External+Postings
Amazon is a company operating a marketplace for consumers, sellers, and content creators.