Insurance Auto Auctions is seeking a IT Support Analyst to work at our corporate office in Westchester, IL. The Support Analyst is responsible for handling all application and technical support requests received via telephone, email and walk-in. The individual will diagnose, document and resolve requests and, if necessary, escalate the case through the appropriate channels.
Founded in 1982, Insurance Auto Auctions, Inc. is one of the leading North American salvage auto auctions. We have exclusive focus on the automotive total-loss industry and over 150 corporate owned facilities across the United States and Canada. We provide Sellers and Buyers with the best solution to process and acquire total-loss, recovered-theft, fleet lease, dealer trade-in and collision damaged rental vehicles
Responsibilities include (but are not limited to the following):
* Responsible for supporting customers at all levels of the corporation in diagnosing and resolving simple-to-moderate technical hardware and software issues.
* Customer advocate who initiates actions or processes to prevent problems and issues before they negatively impact the customer.
* Ensures customers receive prompt, courteous and efficient attention to all their service needs.
* Performs software and hardware troubleshooting activities where analysis of situations or data requires evaluation of various factors.
* Proactive in engaging other IT resources to ensure speedy resolution of escalated issues or requests.
* Collaborates effectively and maintains good working relationships with others to achieve business objectives and team harmony.
* Assume the role of communication facilitator during significant service disruptions/outages.
* Proactively monitor and identify staffing or training gaps to avoid negative impact to customers.
* Creates knowledgebase articles for future use within knowledge base tool or self-service portal.
* Actively identifies, pursues and documents opportunities to promote Tier 3 and Tier 4 support activities to Tier 1 and Tier 2 support groups.
* Logs all customer requests, issues and interactions within the service management system.
* Seizes opportunities to learn new technologies or systems within the department (e.g. cross training).
* Provides accurate and complete description of incidents, inquiries and service requests in a service management ticket.
* Ability to work professionally with other office personnel in person and by telephone in sometimes stressful situations.
* Accurately document ticket resolution ensuring all relevant and pertinent artifacts and technical procedures are captured.
* Effectively utilizes service desk applications, knowledge base and tools to respond to user requests in a timely and efficient manner to drive a high percent of first contact resolution.
* Image desktop, laptop and mobile devices.
* When required, correctly assigns all tickets to the appropriate next service tier with a high degree of accuracy.
* Assist junior staff in developing their competencies.
* Appropriately escalates problems and service requests according to established procedures.
* Participates in the design, development and documentation of service delivery procedures.
* Performs all active directory administration responsibilities allowed by the Service Desk.
* Responsible for providing 24/7 after-hours support on a rotating schedule.
* Maintain 100% compliance to all corporate directives and SOX controls.
* Performs all other duties as assigned.
* The ideal candidate has a 2-year technical degree or equivalent experience,
* Minimum one year experience in a call center environment
* Working knowledge of Windows 95/98/NT and MS/Outlook.
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills are required
In return for your excellent skills and abilities, we offer a benefits package including health insurance, 401K, STD/LTD, Life Insurance/AD&D, paid holidays and vacations.
IAA is committed to providing equal employment opportunities regardless of race, creed, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, veteran status, citizenship status, or marital status.
IAA is a drug-free workplace. EOE