Help Duties Summary
This vacancy will be used to fill three Supervisory IT Specialist positions in the regions. There is one vacancy in each of the following regions.
Region A: New York, Boston, Philadelphia
Region B: Atlanta, Chicago
Region C: Dallas, San Francisco
The final duty location will be determined after selection. You will be required to report to an office in one of the cities within the region you are selected. Occasional travel between cities within the region will be required.
Learn more about this agency
Major duties for this position include, but are not limited to the following:
* Effectively supervises geographically dispersed teams to achieve results. Plan work to be accomplished by subordinates, set and adjust short-term priorities, and prepare schedules for completion of work. Assign work to subordinates based on priorities, selective consideration of the difficulty and requirements of assignments, and the capabilities of employees. Evaluate work performance of subordinates. Develops and oversees coverage schedules, ensuring minimal uninterrupted IT support coverage for our customers. Give advice, counsel, or instruction to employees on both work and administrative matters. Interview candidates for positions in the unit; recommend appointment, promotion, or reassignment to such positions. Hear and resolve complaints from employees, referring group grievances and more serious unresolved complaints to a higher level supervisor or manager. Effect minor disciplinary measures, such as warnings and reprimands, recommending other action in more serious cases. Identify developmental and training needs of employees, providing or arranging for needed development and training. Find ways to improve production or increase the quality of the work directed. Develop performance standards and appraises performance.
* Serves as the key advisor to the Enterprise Service Desk - Customer Service Manager on the Support Center (SC) tactical and strategic operational and performance goals.
* Supports the organization's strategic plan, mission, vision and values; applies, communicates and integrates these into the team's operations, workflows, work plans, work products, and services.
* Ensures a cohesive SC operations in the regions and supports the operations of the IT infrastructure, provides guidance to the team lead in identifying, distributing and balancing workload and tasks among employees in accordance with established work flow, skill level and/or occupational specialization; making adjustments to accomplish the workload in accordance with established priorities to ensure timely accomplishment of assigned team tasks; and ensuring that each employee has an integral role in developing the final team product.
* Coaches and provides guidance to the team lead in the selection and application of appropriate approach, problem solving methods and techniques, provides advice on work methods, practices and procedures, and assists the team and/or individual members in identifying the parameters of a viable solution.
* Implements and enforces the application of applicable industry standard frameworks (e.g., Information Technology Infrastructure Library (ITIL), Knowledge Centered Service (KCS), Six Sigma, Kanban, Capability Maturity Model (CMMI), etc.) within the Support Center to fulfil the organizations' vision, mission and goals, ensures quality of IT service delivery and continuous improvements.
Occasional travel - Occasional travel will be required.
14 - This position is at the Full-Performance Level (FPL).
* Job family (Series)
2210 Information Technology Management
Help Requirements Conditions of Employment
* Appointment to this position may require a background investigation.
* Must be at least 16 years old and a U.S. Citizen.
* Requires a probationary period if the requirement has not been met.
* Candidate required to obtain the necessary security/investigation level.
Applicants must meet time-in-grade, time-after-competitive-appointment and qualifications requirements within 30 calendar days after the closing date of the vacancy to be eligible for consideration for selection.
Federal Employees Please Note: Your SF-50 must include enough information to be able to determine that time-in-grade requirements have been met and reflects your position title, pay plan/series/grade, tenure and the type of appointment (i.e. competitive/excepted). In some cases you may need to submit more than one SF-50.
Reference the "Required Documents" section for additional requirements.
You may not be aware, but in the regulations for agency ethics programs, there are requirements for supervisors. Section 2638.103 of Title 5 of the CFR states:
Every supervisor in the executive branch has a heightened personal responsibility for advancing government ethics. It is imperative that supervisors serve as models of ethical behavior for subordinates. Supervisors have a responsibility to help ensure that subordinates are aware of their ethical obligations under the Standards of Conduct and that subordinates know how to contact agency ethics officials. Supervisors are also responsible for working with agency ethics officials to help resolve conflicts of interests and enforce government ethics laws and regulations, including those requiring certain employees to file financial disclosure reports. In addition, supervisors are responsible, when requested, for assisting agency ethics officials in evaluating potential conflicts of interest and identifying positions subject to financial disclosure requirements.
Specialized experience is experience that has equipped the applicant with the particular competencies/knowledge, skills, and abilities to successfully perform the duties of the position and is typically in or related to the work of the position to be filled. Such experience is typically gained in the IT field or through the performance of work where the primary concern is IT.
Applicants must have 52 weeks of specialized experience equivalent to at least the next lower grade level, GS-13, in the Federal Service.
Specialized Experience is defined as managing customer-related information technology (IT) activities, and the installation, testing, and setup of hardware and software in a large, Enterprise (5,500+ user) organization; supervising local and geographically dispersed teams in recognizing, recording, identifying, isolating, documenting, and resolving technical incidents and problems with information systems products and services, as well as planning, implementing, testing, reviewing, and updating contingency plans to support continuity of operations for the Support Center, headquarters, and regionally dispersed IT; serving in cross-functional teams as the Regional IT project coordinator for nationwide IT software, hardware, and systems projects; developing and implementing best-in-class customer support techniques that follow policies and best practices for the management of customer relationships, incidents and problems, service requests, and quality control; analyzing and researching trends and patterns and implementing improvements to customer service delivery; ensuring rigorous application of the information security and information assurance policies, principles, and practices in the delivery of enterprise-class customer IT support services; and coordinating logistics in support of periodic regulatory audits.
There is no education substitution for this position.