This position is part of the Lockheed Martin Missiles and Fire Control and MBDA Deutschland Joint Venture (JV) team to develop the next generation Integrated Air and Missile Defense System, "TLVS," for the German Bundeswehr. The JV is the prime contractor for this new system, which is headquartered in Schrobenhausen, Germany. The company will also have operations in Dallas, Texas, Huntsville, Alabama, and Syracuse, New York, as well as locations in Ulm and Koblenz, Germany.
TLVS is a highly mobile ground based air and missile defense system for protection against the current and future threat spectrum in the lower tier. TLVS is based on the technology and development results of the trinational MEADS air and missile defense system (US, Germany, Italy). The development of this latest generation air defense system was proven by the system demonstration in 2014. TLVS will be employed by Germany in the context of national and collective defense as well as for the protection of deployed troops, facilities and areas against all kinds of aerial threats including the interception of the latest generation of ballistic missiles. The individual components of the system are mounted on protected vehicles, offering high tactical mobility for the protection of mobile land forces.
This position will be an expatriate assignment located in Schrobenhausen, Germany.
* Analyze previous requirements and interfaces to determine the modifications required to make them applicable to the program. Includes requirements analysis, editing existing white papers, and ICDs.
* Ensures the logical and systematic conversion of customer or product requirements into total systems solutions that acknowledge technical, schedule, and cost constraints.
* Performs functional analysis, timeline analysis, detail trade studies, requirements allocation and interface definition studies to translate customer requirements into hardware and software specifications.
* Verification planning and execution.
* Using the results of this analysis/trades, shape the architecture of an emerging missile system.
* Must currently posses an active Secret clearance.
* Willing to work OCONUS in Schrobenhausen, Germany.
* Bachelor's degree in an Engineering field, or a related discipline 7- 9 years of engineering experience supporting technical programs.
* Ability to support occasional travel.
Experience with the following:
* Working with/leading a small multi-disciplinary design team and managing development, integration, and test activities through IPT leads or direct management.
* Technically contributing to the design, development, and implementation of the requirements, architecture, and system verification.
* Communicating plans and status to program management, senior leadership, and external customers.
* Requirements and Systems Engineering artifact generation experience with tools like DOORS and RPE.