Common Purpose, Uncommon Opportunity. Everyone at Visa works with one goal in mind - making sure that Visa is the best way to pay and be paid, for everyone everywhere. This is our global vision and the common purpose that unites the entire Visa team. As a global payments technology company, tech is at the heart of what we do: Our VisaNet network processes over 13,000 transactions per second for people and businesses around the world, enabling them to use digital currency instead of cash and checks. We are also global advocates for financial inclusion, working with partners around the world to help those who lack access to financial services join the global economy. Visa's sponsorships, including the Olympics and FIFA™ World Cup, celebrate teamwork, diversity, and excellence throughout the world. If you have a passion to make a difference in the lives of people around the world, Visa offers an uncommon opportunity to build a strong, thriving career. Visa is fueled by our team of talented employees who continuously raise the bar on delivering the convenience and security of digital currency to people all over the world. Join our team and find out how Visa is everywhere you want to be.
The Digital and Developer Platform (DDP) organization is building a new generation of end to end solution for digitization and mobilization of commerce for global market. Our focus is to build profoundly simple apps that embed into our customers' everyday lives. Within DDP, the Integration and Support engineering organization is a globally distributed team that connects with Client Services, Development, Technical Product Management, Architecture, Test, Release and Program Management by representing the voice of the customer. It is a technical solution implementation and support team to accelerate successful rollout of new integrations and enhancement of existing ones.
We are looking for a technically expert Staff Software Engineer for our Client Integration Solution team based out our Austin office to support global roll out of our digital commerce app.
In this position, you are first and foremost a passionate and talented engineer who is a self-starter and can work in a fast-paced, agile environment. Your strong technical leadership, analytical skills, problem solving abilities, coding, testing and debugging skills is just a start. You must be willing to go beyond the routine and prepared to do a little bit of everything.
You will apply your subject matter expertise of iOS or Android platform to configure, build and validate mobile apps for clients, and drive the technical solutions for client integration issues related to Android, iOS, web features and digital wallets.
You will apply solid coding practices, including good design documentation, unit & system testing, source control (GIT, SVN etc), and peer code-reviews to help identify areas of technical improvement and process gaps to increase the velocity of delivery of apps with highest quality.
You will liaise with stakeholders, collect feedback from internal and external customers on features, functionality and work cross-functionally to ensure the Product and Technology teams incorporate that feedback into future releases.
* BS degree in Computer Science/Computer Engineering or other related fields with a minimum of 8 years of experience in iOS and/or Android development
* Strong foundation in computer science, with strong competencies in data structures, algorithms and software design optimized for mobile platform. (required).
* Strong understanding in all phases of SDLC, security requirements, multi-tier application development with hardware interaction, network protocols, and SDK development (required)
* Knowledge of iOS tools, technologies - Instruments, TestFlight, Apple developer ecosystem, AppStore requirements and upload process, Objective-C and Swift, networking, architecture and design patterns.
* Knowledge of iOS platform and OWASP security practices. Experience using XCode.
* Experience using Android native components - Activities, Services, Broadcast Receiver, Content Provider, Web Services, Fragments and Support Libraries
* Experience using Java, Kotlin, Espresso, Android SDK, Android Studio, Eclipse IDE, Gradle, Hockey.
* Experience using RESTful APIs to integrate mobile applications to server side systems.
* Familiarity with web service development, DBMS, UNIX shell scripts, PHP, SQL is a plus.
* Experience with various phases in Testing - Unit, Functional, Certification, UAT
* Experience using Splunk and production support process.
* Familiarity with Payment and Mobile Banking business domains,
* Demonstrated ability to meet deadlines and commitments in an environment that requires multitasking among concurrent projects.
* Strong interpersonal & facilitation skills along with effective communication (both written & verbal) skills.
* Sound planning, organizational and problem solving skills.
* Flexibility to work with distributed global teams
Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of Article 49 of the San Francisco Police Code.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.